Epilogue

Epilogue is in third person. My tentative attempt in becoming a real writer. Hope you all like it!

Ten years later:

It was in a city cafe, a small crowd had gathered inside to celebrate the anniversary of the Young's Delights, a quaint, cozy cafe that Amy has opened all by herself exactly five years back.

Her voice was booming exactly like a proud owner should possess. Dressed in long navy blue gown, she oozed respect and subtle authority. After all it was her cafe named after her family's name.

"This is the most memorable day in my life and most important too. Five years back, this was just a place where youth and teens hang out but now this has become far livelier than that. With the adjoining small but comfortable library surrounding the tables, this place, I must agree, has a soothing everlasting feeling for every customer who visits here and I heartily thank them for being the judges of the cafe I have owned and running now." Amy paused and looked at her husband, Alex holding her eighteen month daughter, Jessy who was busy sucking her thumb while staring at Amy with big brown eyes. She was the splitting image of her mother.

Alex who had been watching her smiled and encouraged her to continue. Then only did she realize that she had paused the speech and the crowd was waiting her to continue. Alex and Jessy were her world and she often get forgets herself in it.

"This all for me wouldn't have been possible if not for my husband, my dear friends and of course my mom and my little brother who have been there with me in all the times of my struggles. It's only fair for me to share my happiness with them." She stopped and took a deep breath. "I owe so much to them that this one life is not enough for me. I forever wish that I would be with them always no matter how much the selfish the decision is. Now for the celebration tonight, please continue your endless support and encouragement for this little café will always flourish. Please do accept the refreshments and enjoy the special offers for today. Treat yourself and your loved ones with the sweet goodies here. Thank you all."

Amy concluded and the crowd which included her closest beings and some of the customers erupted into a loud cheer and applauded her with claps and popping balloons. This was one of the best days of her life. Basking in the excitement, she made her way to her husband who was now holding a restless child wanting to be in the arms of her mother.

Amy took her daughter in her arms. "Hey there girl, mama is here."

"Mama" Jessy mumbled resting her face in her mom's shoulder as she was exhausted for today. Jessy was an active child and could keep her mother running around her through the whole day.

Amy slowly patted her daughter's back in continuous rhythm to make her sleep. She always does that to her daughter to make her sleep and Amy finds tremendous joy in doing that. Those were the proud moments for any mother.

Alex watched her wife nursing his daughter and felt his heart filled with overwhelming joy and content that his eyes were nearly watered but he held them back. He wouldn't want to worry his beautiful wife. His wife, he thought. It's been three years since they were married and almost ten years since they had been in a relationship. Time sure flies, he thought, Yet the time with Amy were the most precious part of his life and now also with his daughter, Jessy. That little girl managed Alex to come down on his knees for second time in his life with her playful tactics and active behavior. Whenever Alex was near his daughter, she would nag and nag to play with her. Piggy back and back riding. Alex never seemed to get tired of it.

His wife's voice brought him back to the world. "How was I on the stage? I was good, right?" Amy couldn't keep off the tension in her voice.

"You were fantastic. Why do you ask? This is your fifth time. You should have got used to it." Alex now held Amy's hand to make their way through the table which was occupied by most important people in their lives. Jessy was soundly asleep in her mother's arms, he observed and finally made them sit with Dave, Nat and Nick who were busy devouring the traditional chocolate muffins that Amy herself had made them that evening.