Chapter 16

Amy's POV:

I knocked on the Alex's house front door and waited for someone to open it while holding Nick's hand who was observing the surroundings of the house curiously and I smiled at how observant he was.

Alex told me that he had to go to the market and get the groceries; mean while told me to go inside, given that Dave and Nat were already there.

I smiled remembering the last time I had come here, how I opened myself to Alex and how I made him important in his loved one's life. Alex was the first person to know about my past beside my mom and I was happy that it was him because I unbelievably trust him so much.

I was in my thoughts when I heard the front door open. I snapped my head up when it's opened and a loud girly voice filled my ears.

"Amy, it's you!" Jenny, Dave's sister bounced up and down also making her dark blond hair bouncy. She was wearing a baby pink floral frock making her cute face even cuter and with toothless grin she had on her face, she looked angelic.

Grinning myself too, I removed my hand from Nick's– who was now looking at her with narrowed eyes, I picked her up and placed a kiss on her cheek to which she giggled. "Hi baby."

I put her back on the floor and gestured for Nick to come forward who was now wearing a sour expression on his face.

"Jenny, this is my brother, Nick." I waved my hand towards Nick.

"Nick, you know Jenny, right? Dave's sister." I introduced them to each other and they both shyly said hellos, seeing as both of them were little reserved towards strangers.

"Jenny, who told you to run off like that," A voice suddenly boomed from inside of the house making Jenny shriek and she hid behind me to escape the sweet wrath of her father.

"Hello Mark, how are you?" I waved at him when he appeared at the doorway with a spatula in his hand, wearing an apron on his casual jeans and shirt, he looked domestic.

"Amy, sweet girl, what a pleasure. Come inside and oh, is that your brother?"

Mark didn't wait for my confirmation and swooped Nick in his arms making sure to make a friendly face and gently pried the drawing equipment from his hand and went inside.

I gaped at the back of him. Normally it takes a whole lot more of that to get Nick to socialize but Mark had done it with one smile.

Wow. Just wow. Mark really had a way with the kids.

I grabbed Jenny's hand and made my way into the living room where I saw Dave and Nat jumping in the couch while playing a video game. I almost closed my ears at the horrible sounds they were making and their shouts were so loud that I had to close Jenny's ears too.

Jenny ran off to the kitchen probably to her dad who was in the kitchen with Nick. I walked sneakily behind their backs and smacked on their heads with each of my hands making them curse loudly and turned their heads to give an earful to the one who disturbed their game.

I was already aware of that so I sprinted off from there. "Get your butts off the couch and catch me." I yelled, running outside to the back yard where I could hide behind a tree.

I heard them shouting my name angrily and I giggled covering my mouth with my palm. I waited for more than five minutes still they were not able to find me and soon my mind drifted off seeing Nick and Mark who were in the kitchen – Nick taking animatedly and Mark cutting something on the chop board while paying attention to my brother.

I was awed seeing Nick, my reserved and shy brother opening himself with in such a short amount of time. After recovering from the shock of my father's death, he became completely different with the strangers than he used to be when my father was alive. I was ecstatic that he was changing to a better person and I was glad that he was not turning to be like me.