Chapter 3

Here is the another update...

please tell your opinion about it...

*****

I woke up early in the morning at five and I am wide awake now. So I got up, went to bathroom and cleaned myself. I went downstairs to kitchen and started cooking breakfast. It felt so nice waking early and doing something productive.

Cooking has always been my passion and I have been cooking since I was ten. Mom helped me first and later on I started cooking on my own. My specialty in cooking is baking and I love baking. I used to feed all my family members and they were so proud of me especially mom.

I am preparing mixture for pancakes when mom came downstairs looking still sleepy.

"Good morning, mom. Why did you wake up early?" I asked her.

"Good morning, honey. Well, I could ask you the same question. Tell me what's wrong. You were strangely quiet last night." This is what I like about her. She chooses the perfect time to ask what was going on. But I decided not to tell when I am still confused.

"Nothing mom. I just couldn't sleep well and I woke up early and decided to do breakfast." I know she would't believe me but she let that go by simply nodding her head. I silently sighed in relief.

"Here, let me continue it. Do something else." She smiled and took the bowl from me.

Nick said last night that he wanted to eat chocolate muffins and I started to make them. Nick absolutely adores my cooking and constantly bugs me to do something for him. I put the mixture in baking cups and put them in oven and Nick ran cheerfully to the kitchen to greet us.

He is hyper active for his own good.

I pecked him on the cheek and went to my room to become ready to go to school. Today I actually feel excited about school. It is definitely because of Alex and Dave. I really got myself friends which was something I lack. I always wanted to hang out with them and collect as many memories as possible.

I know Alex and Dave are best friends and I know I would really have a hard time adjusting with them but they seemed so honest with me yesterday. I know nothing about Dave but Alex told me that he is very kind and caring person. So you can imagine my excitement as I neatly dressed up myself and also did my hair neatly. I grabbed my necessities for school and went downstairs.

Mom eyed me strangely and I just shrugged it off. I decided to tell her this evening.

I ate the breakfast and mom picked the muffins out of oven and I packed some to school. Mom said she would take Nick to his school and so here I am walking my way to school.

As I neared the school entrance, I saw both Dave and Alex standing at the parking lot. Alex was talking to someone on the phone. He looked at me and gave me one of his beautiful smiles. He continued talking on the phone.

Dave also saw me and also gave me one of his friendly smiles. I walked and stood in front of them.

"Hi Amy, How is my new best friend?" He asked playfully.

I chuckled and decided to go with the flow he started. "Well, your about-to-become-best friend is actually excited to start the school today."

Dave might not expected the answer I gave because he looked surprised for a minute and quickly replaced with a smile.

"That's a good answer. So, you OK hanging out with us? I don't know what came over him yesterday and when I asked about it, he just shrugged and told me that he wanted to become friends with you." he said gesturing towards Alex.