Chapter 18

Amy's POV:

Some days later...

"C'mon, Alex, give me a break. We will start again in ten minutes." I whined while slamming the book cover hardly.

"But we have exams staring from Monday. Don't you think we should complete the prep thinking today is Sunday?" Alex quipped while still looking at the problem he was going to solve.

I sat up straight erecting my spine and shot him an amusing look. "You are such a nerd, Alex. You are already brilliant in studies yet you study a lot." I teased him while taking the book in his hands to close it.

"Oh yeah?" Alex said and in the next minute he pinned me to the bed trapping my wrists with his hands. "Take it back, and say I am not a nerd." He said while looking into my eyes – green eyes clashing with the brown ones.

I was mesmerized by the intensity he had in his eyes. It gives me both calming and rushing feeling. "What if I say no?" I asked, suddenly feeling embarrassed with the position we were in.

He raised both of his eyebrows and leaned furthermore, causing my heart to race. He didn't say anything, just stared at me for the longest time. Just then when I thought he was going to kiss me, he started tickling me and I think no person could the resist the tickles, that's why the next minute I was laughing so hard that my voice carried out entire the room.

Alex continued laughing with me. "Take it back." He said once more making me remembering the comment I made of him.

I found my voice in between the giggles and laughter. "Okay, you are not a nerd. Now release me." I said.

He stopped tickling me, giving me a peck on the lips, he moved from top of me. I sat up and immediately took a pillow, smacking him with it.

I continued smacking even though he tried to dodge it. "You are a meanie." I know I sounded like a child but didn't care at the moment.

"Stop it, Amy" he put his hands to his face to cover, still I continued.

"I won't." I sang the words causing him to look at me with amusement.

He caught my wrists and I knew I was busted. He pulled me sideways and made me tumble to his side so that my back was pressed against his front.

He wrapped his arms around me still holding my wrists and whispered in my ear. "Violent Amy is not so good."

I was breathing heavily and this closeness was not helping it. Eventually after some time I began to relax. Resting his head on my shoulder, Alex tightened his arms around me and he himself began to relax. Time couldn't count at this kind of situations. We absolutely want time to be stopped so that this happiness would be prolonged.

I was currently at Alex's house preparing for the main exams that were inevitably approaching. Dressed in casual clothes, Alex and I had been studying for the past three hours without so much of a distraction. It kind of happens when Alex was nose deep into his studies.

I knew Alex was fond of studies. He never took studies as an obligatory operation to set his career. He genuinely enjoyed learning and applying concepts and he always indulges me or Dave in one his 'knowledgeable debates' as he would call it. Nat always complains whenever we debate; that we were not giving her enough importance. Soon that would turn into a playful badinage among us and eventually it ends with Dave coaxing her into one his romantic charms.

I laughed thinking how she would later slaps him on his shoulder for his mean, sneaky ways.

"Why are you laughing?" Alex brought me out of my reverie with his warm breath softly flowing through my ears.