Grave

OSCAR WINNER DEAD AT 29- 1968-1997

"Oscar and Golden Globe winning actress Anastasia Rinaldi (29)  was found dead this morning in her car this morning at 5 am on the Pacific Coast Highway. The autopsy stated that she was under the influence of a mixture of prescription medication. The death was called a suicide the moment the police reached the scene. It is believed that she shot herself and reared her car back off a cliff. Close friends and relatives have all received letters from her explaining why she took her own life. A letter to the press was delivered this morning that she had written before taking her life stating that she "hated what they had turned her into" and that she would "see them in hell". Her fiance and partner of nearly 10 years former Guns N'Roses lead guitarist, Slash(32), has not made any media appearances regarding her death. Friends, family, and fans are neglecting to talk about the incident, a fan stating that "she would not have wanted anyone to keep talking about it as if it were going to change anything". Rinaldi's manager and publicists are due to make a public statement this afternoon.Rinaldi had been dealing with substance abuse and depression for nearly 15 years and had been diagnosed with ADHD and bipolar disorder from an early age."

--

February 20th, 1998

Here lies Anastasia Amelie Hudson

With Grace, Glory, and Love.

May 18th 1968- November 7th 1997

He read her name over and over again. They had put his last name instead of her own, he didnt know if that was her decision or not, but he was glad. 

"How long have you been out here?" the familiar voice of Duff brought him out of his thoughts. He looked over his shoulder and then back at her tombstone. 

"I dunno, an hour?" 

Duff walked up to his friend and patted his shoulder while kneeling beside him, "How did you know I was here?" Slash took off his glasses to wipe his eyes. 

"Alan told me you weren't at the studio so..." 

Slash nodded and put his sunglasses back on, "Heard they played Into The Mystic at her funeral." he chuckled, it was one of her favorite songs.

"Well, she kind of told them too, even after she died she was bossing those idiots, around."

They both chuckled remembering her antics, "Yeah, well, she was a perfectionist, probably would have probably haunted them if they played Ave Maria." Slash took out a cigarette and lit it, smiling down at the flowers that were fresh and all where she lay.

"Oh, god, she would've. She'd be scary too." Duff shook his head taking out a cigarette of his own. God knows they both needed one. He pat Slash's shoulder, "They gave her your last name, for the tombstone." 

"Yeah," he sighed, "I noticed."

"Seemed right considering she was supposed to take it. I told them to." 

"Yeah, thanks." 

"I'll wait for you in the car man."

Slash nodded and watched his friend leave towards the car and then back at the new grave.  God, he missed her. Her smile, her smell, her bad jokes and her Sunday morning chocolate chip pancakes. His heart still felt missing from his chest, but at least he wasn't in denial anymore, at least, he hoped he was not. 

"I miss you," he touched the fresh dirt, the only thing that was close to her anymore and for a minute he could swear he heard her laugh her voice. God, that voice.

"I miss you too."

He couldn't forget it, he couldn't shake it out of his mind. How are you supposed to forget the lips that made you feel a thousand feelings at once?

He had tried not to think about her anymore, it had been working until he came to see 'her' of course.  It was almost like when your body goes into shock. Instead of dealing with all the pain and trauma your body just blocks it all out and slows everything down. It was like he had lost a limb and had a vacant memory of the impact. He held the dirt in his fingers for a while longer before letting go and standing up, turning around and walking away from where she lay.

"You good man?" Duff questioned as he got out of his car and walked up to his friend.

"No, I'm not, but I will be." he managed to give Duff a small smile and patted his friends shoulder and walked over to his own car.