Coffee

His fingers danced across her bare hipbone. Goosebumps raised in their path. A slight smirk ghosted over his lips at her skin's reaction. The thought of what he could do to her drove him wild. In her sleep, she let out a deep sigh, as if she was content with life. He thought that she looked beautiful while she slept; like an angel from heaven sent to save him from himself. He continued to draw slow circles on the raised bone. She stirred ever so slightly and he retracted his fingers, not wanting to wake her.

Sleep was precious to her. Otherwise, she was a bear and that made his life harder. He rested his head on his hand, staring down at her. The white sheet clung closely to her nude body. The thought of last night and their adult adventures made his mind race. He drug his finger along her exposed collar bones, laughing silently as more goosebumps appeared. A small smile flexed across her plump lips. He had to stop himself from leaning down and kissing them. It was still early morning; the sun just barely awake. Soft rays of golden light crept into the bedroom, reflecting small rainbows on the wall opposite the windows.

A few birds began to chirp out their pleasant morning song. He had been awake for hours. He had a terrible sleeping schedule, since having to work third shift for his job. Although, he found no reason to get out of bed. He wouldn't want to be anywhere else. His girlfriend rolled over closer to him in her sleep. Her fingers stretched out towards him, grazing his bare bicep. Her mouth turned into a small smile again, as if she was reassured that he was still next to her and hadn't gotten up. He wove his fingers into her soft, brown hair. She smelled like coconut and flowers.

That was one of the things he loved about her. She always smelled so nice and it was a fact that did not go unappreciated by him. He watched her as her eyelashes fluttered ever so slightly and then her blue eyes were staring into his brown ones.

She stretched her body; her breast peeking out over the top of the sheet. He watched as her nipple became a raised peak when exposed to the chilled morning air that filled the bedroom. The sight made his stomach do flips. She let out a breathy giggle and pulled the sheets back up closer to her chin. She tugged on him until he laid back down next to her and his arms wrapped tightly around her, never wanting to let go. After laying like that for almost half an hour, he fell into a deep, dreamless sleep. His grip loosened and she slipped out of his arms. She got out of the bed and wandered into the adjoining bathroom to do her business. Instead of getting back into bed with the love of her life, she went into the kitchen.

She made coffee; the smell filled the house. After pouring herself a cup, she sat down on the chair by the front window. She began to think about everything going on in her life. The changes that were coming soon, the man sleeping in the other room, herself.

An empty feeling began gnawing at her stomach. She didn't want to let it take over her, but it was always so hard to stop it. Especially now because she was alone, there was nothing she could do to make it go away.

She knew, deep down, that he did really love her. She knew that he cared and that he had the same feelings for her that she had for him. But some days, she found herself forgetting. She let the insecurities take over. She listened to their lies. She couldn't help it. It had become so ingrained in her that even when people were being honest about their feelings, she figured they were lying.

A soft kiss on the top of her head startled her out of her mind. She looked up to his dark face, letting out a breathless giggle. A soft smile ghosted his lips. He was beautiful. She loved him.

She could feel it in her chest when he laughed. She knew that she did when he held her hand. She knew that she did when he kissed away her tears. She knew that she loved him when the thought of being with anyone else made her feel disgusted and sick to her stomach.