Forever

Detroit, August 21st, 1987

"Saul, you know this is a historic building right? You can't just fucking jump off of things?" Ana crossed her arms as she watched this 22-year old baby jump from one speaker to the next. He looked over at her still standing on one of the seats and grinned. "There's no one fucking here, lemme have fun, jeez mom." She  rolled my eyes and walked over to where he was jumping and offered him her hand.

"Are you high or something. I said you need to stop. Securities gonna be here and you guys have rehearsal in like 15 minutes. They don't need a guitarist with a broken leg." he took her hand and did the opposite of what she was expecting him to do. Instead of getting down he hoisted her up onto the giant speaker.

"As a matter of fact I am high and you're too pretty to get mad at so shhhhhhhh" he put his finger on her lip and shushed her. This man was too fucking much sometimes. She laughed and shook her head in disapproval. "Don't call me mom. That's fucking weird you weirdo." She nudged his shoulder.

"Ugh yeah, that is weird, ew okay, ew, yeah I'm never saying that again." he cringed a bit and jumped down from the speaker. He put his arms forward and grabbed her waist lifting her off of the speaker and onto the floor. 

They didn't have that much of a height difference, but considering the fact that she was oddly skinny made her seem like a paper doll next to him. She took his hand and dragged him off of the stage that was being taken over by the crew to set up the remaining equipment. The moment they got backstage he pushed her against a corner and started kissing her.

He grabbed her around the waist with trembling fingers. He is gentle, scared of hurting her, even when high he still had that ability to control his body around her. Just for her.

She laughed, the melody of a song he could listen to for the rest of his life.

"You know I'm not going to break, right? I'm not as delicate as you think I am."

"I still feel like I'm going to break you. I can't believe we're here, together, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be with a girl like you. "

She puts a finger to his lips this time, silencing him.

"Just shut up and kiss me," she breathes.

---

The crowd was always electric at their concerts. As Ana watched them from backstage she could easily understand why they seemed so appealing to the crowd. They had full ecstatic raw energy. Each on of them had something new and different to give on stage and no one knew what to be expecting which was basically the thrill of the whole show. She was proud at all of them, but Slash, she couldn't describe in words anymore how proud she was of him. The way he was, the way his sole existence would make her feel was inconceivable to describe.

They had been together for a little over a year now and he still would make her feel sick to the stomach with pure affection. If she had known any different, she would've thought that she was in love with him. She sighed and leaned against the wall continuing to watch him play his solo for Paradise City. The way he moved and played the guitar was pure ecstasy. 

---

The concert came to and end and they ran quickly off the stage. He bolted towards her, still guitar in hand and crashed his lips onto hers.

"You were amazing." She whispered in his ear. He kissed her again this time pulling her even closer to his body. "Thanks, babe." he pulled away and started taking off his guitar from his shoulder.

She watched him with fascination, wondering how in the world she had gotten so lucky when he looked up at her. A shiver ran through her spine as his melted chocolate eyes met hers.

"What?" he asked, grinning. He ran a hand through his messy hair, as she smiled.

"I love you." The words tumble out of her mouth before she can stop herself.

He smiled so brightly his whole face scrunched up.

"I could spend forever with you, did you know that?" he asks as he grabs her hand and squeezes,  "'I love you' can't even come close to explain what I feel for you." they both melted in a kiss that felt like forever, just like he said.