The End Of An Era

“Stop!” He heard her say. But he refused to believe it. Why would she want him to stop? Didn’t she want him anymore? Did all her feelings vanished out of thin air? “What? Why?” he heard himself ask as he lifted his head from her neck. He felt her place her hand on his chest and pushed him away from her body. She stood straight and fixed her dress and hair without a word. “Leils,” he begged, “don’t do this. Talk to me.” He urged. He ran his hand through his hair, as Leila looked him in the eyes. He could see the hurt, the doubt, and the questions.

“Nathaniel” she said. God no, God no, why was she calling him Nathaniel, he hated when she called him by his full name; it wasn’t pat of their routine.  “You can’t barge in here kissing me, it is inappropriate,” she told him. Inappropriate? Was she out of her mind?

“Are you seeing someone?”

“That’s not your place to ask,” she answered

“Yes, it is, and you know it. Why is it inappropriate Leila?

“Nathaniel please”

“God damn it Leils, stop calling me Nathaniel!”

“It’s your name”

“I am very well aware”

“Ok, here’s the deal” She started, “You can’t just barge in here and kiss me and expect everything to be just fine, because its not. You picked me over your racist parents and while I understand that they are your parents and you really cant do anything around that, I would’ve rather you chose me. And you know, although they threatened me, I didn’t care, as long as I was with you, I was ready to sacrifice myself Nathaniel” she raged, tears flowing down her caramel cheeks. “And you gave up, not without a fight, nothing! You just fucking gave up!” she continued, “I don’t understand how you can say that you love me and you were so willing to let me go and….” Before she could finish her sentence, Nathaniel walked over to her and cupped her face in his hands and swallowed her lips with his. If only she could understand that everything was so much more complicated than that.

“Oh sweetheart,” He said as he came up for air, “I never gave up on us, I was just finding a way to get back to you that’s all.  He kissed her wet eyes in an effort to comfort her but Leila pushed him away and screamed,

“Stop Fucking Kissing me!” she looked enraged and thorn. “You can’t just expect for everything to be okay.”  She said as she wiped the tears angrily from her face. They stood facing each other without words. Nathaniel ached to touch her, to kiss and hold her. He felt the door open behind him and he turned to see whom it could be. He felt his stomach churn and anger rose from his belly. What the hell was he doing here!

“Get out!” Nathaniel told Lance,

“Excuse me?” The blond gentleman responded in his vibrating English accent.

“Get the fuck out, this isn’t any of your business”

“Actually, its perfectly my business to want to know why you are making MY date cry” Lance answered. Date? Did he just say Date? So was Lance the other person? Was he the reason why Leila thought it was inappropriate to kiss him?

“Leila, are you dating this guy?” Nathaniel asked in anger

“It isn’t any of your damn business” She responded

“IT IS MY FUCKING BUSINESS, IT ALL MY FUCKING BUSINESS WHEN IT COMES TO YOU!”  He yelled. “God Damn it Leils, why are you doing this to me?”

“I’m not doing anything to you” she told him and Lance walked to her side and hugged her, in that moment Nathaniel felt as though his world exploded, completely decimated.