Bliss

I figured you guys need closure :) Enjoy

Laughter through the apartment. The Christmas tree gleamed with adornments and lights while the train that steered silently under it encircled the mountain amount of gifts that was under the tree. The smell of pumpkin spice and ver green filled the air.  The winter breeze flowed in slightly from a cracked window that they had open to balance the heat coming from the apartment heater.  It was snowing outside. The falling snow went down rapidly, on a mission to cover the city. It was the eve of Christmas. Leila's mother attended to the pig;  a tradition of the  latin and Caribbean people on the night before Christmas, she had educated him. Nathaniel's mother happily was happily helping Mrs McNeil. His mother looked happy and slightly drunk. Those two hae been nursing the jar of eggnog to themselves the entire  night. It warmed his heart to finally see her so incredibly happy. Mr. McNeil had been  strumming his old guitar lightly and humming silent night while the McNeil clan ran around the apartment. Nathaniel took a sip of his bourbon, he never imagined this. He clinked his glass against Marco and Mike's. This was a good year. 

                   Laura and Merlina ran around collecting the small children in trying to get them to stand still and take a picture. Merlina spotted a caramel silk dress that draped in the middle of her breasts. Laura skin glowed in the creamy white dress that she wore. Her hair done in bouncy curls that are tied up midway at the back while Leila sported an evergreen silky green dress. her hair done in a updo but small sections of fly aways were loose and she had not bothered to fix them back in their places. She was smiling. She was happy. Nathaniel gushed at the fact that he had been part of that happiness. He loved that woman. And he loved the tiny version of her that was now pulling at his legs to get his attention so she ould be carried. She would turn 1 in February. He could not believe that it had been almost two years since they had close a malicious chapter of their life Robyn was the symbol of their new life. To his surprise and delight, she came out darker than they both expected. Leila often joked that Nathaniel may have black genes that he was not aware of. she is of deep caramel tone, her bright hazel shines through her fluttering dark eyelashes. her honey brown girls afroes around her face and reaching the tip of her eyelashes. Nathaniel picked Robyn from the floor and stared at her. Every time he looked at her he remained in awed of his daughter's beauty. her cupid bow nestles symmetrically under her nose and her smile lights up the entire room. "Hello my darling Robyn" 

"Hi...daddy" she responded in the most adorable voice and then nestled her head in between his neck. 

"Jesus we make some beautiful babies boys" Mike glowed while he played got your nose with his own bundle of joy. nine moth of Eva was  giggling, content to being in the hands of her father. "Right baby?" he asked her. "Right? who's going to break some hearts when she grows up?'" he ogled. "Or maybe I'll just put you in a nunnery before those little bastards can get a hold of you. 

"That is simply because we have beautiful women as partners" Nathaniel responded with a smile 

"Speak for yourself, trying to be all humble. Screw it. I'm a beautiful man. And I'm taking credit for half of that genetic pool." Mike said with a laughter.  He looked at his daughter in his hand. it seem that Harrington clan had broken the streak of boys because both he and Nathaniel succeeded with girls. Did he think he would have a child and leaving with a woman all in the span of a year and some months? No. absolutely not.  He had benn dragged kicking and screaming.  Did he love her? Yes. But when he found out about the pregnancy, he practically fell ill. Having a child  with someone took on a whole new aspect for him. After the shock, he loved every singe minute of Laura's pregnancy. even picking out the god damn paint color for the nursery.