Our first fight

They sat on the modern dark leathered couch. Leila was nestled in between Nathaniel’s legs and his mouth nibbled at her neck as his fingers entangled with hers. They had placed some romantic comedy on the television but they had barely watched it, due to Nathaniel‘s constant attention t her body and her lips. He had not let her gone home. And he had not left his condo. They had stayed in. enjoying each other. And although they hadn’t had sex, yet. But  Nathaniel made it clear that he was more than ready to. But they had been emotionally intimate. Staying under the covers of the bed and talking of their childhood, their fears and worries, and though Leila found Nathaniel held back, she did not push him, knowing that in time, hopefully, he would tell her everything in time.

“I should really get home” Leila whispered to him, as she tried to get out of his grip, “I had plans with friends tonight, and I really do not want to stand them up” She explained  and immediately, she felt his muscles tensed. “Calm down cowboy, its only friends.”

“Cancel. Stay with me tonight’ he asked, kissing her neck, his voice low and husky

“We can, but another time.” She promised.  “I had plans Nate, and I’m not going to drop them.” She felt him pulling his body away from her and leaving her seating alone on the couch. ‘We’ll here goes our first fight” Leila thought to herself as she got up and walked to the bedroom, finding him facedown. Walking up to him, and using all her force to bring his body around to face the ceiling, Leila jumped onto the bed and placed her legs at his side, straddling him.

Nate,” she said, but still closing his eyes but he paid  her no attention. “Nate!”

“What!” he finally answered, frustrated that she chose her friends over him.

“Why are you so pissed off all of the sudden?”

“All of the sudden? Are you freaking kidding me Leils, We’re having this amazing day and amazing night and then… You come out that your ditching me for your friends, on this night”

“I’m sorry, but I promised and….”

“I don’t care if you pinky swore it Leila, any other night fine, but tonight? Really? Does that make any sense to you?” He asked trying to hold his anger in, but Nathaniel knew that his voice was projecting louder than he wanted it to. “All I want is to spend time with you, because I missed you? Am I allowed that?” he asked, looking straight into her eyes. He knew that he has not succeeded in keeping his voice low, but damn it, she frustrated him.

“First of all Nathaniel,” She started and Nathaniel knew he was in trouble, she only used his whole name when she was on the brink of killing him, “Don’t you ever, I mean  ever raise your voice at me in that way,” she told him as she jumped of the bed, “And second of all, I had plans and if I don’t want to cancel them I wont, but if you want me to stay here, you don’t tell me, you sure as hell don’t demand me, you ask me, capiche?” She finished. 

Nathaniel lifts himself from the bed. And stood facing Leila; his arms crossed across his broad sculpted chest. His jaw was clenched and his brows were furrowed intensifying his blue eyes as he looked directly a Leila. “So, are you going to go?” It wasn’t much a question, but rather a challenge. He didn’t know  why it bothered him that she was going with her friends, it wasn’t her friends, it wasn’t that she was going out, it was the idea that she would leave him, here when he wanted her most.

Leila shrugged her shoulders as she looked at Nathaniel, keeping quiet. He confused her; drove her insane. Why the hell was he so mad in the first fucking place.

“Go, if that’s what you want go.” He told her,

“I need my stuff.” 

“Fine” He said and walked through the closet and came out with her belongings and handed them to her. The silence in the room became deafening as Leila watch him lay back on the bed, his face turned away from her.  She sighed, not knowing what to say to him. After all, she was the who waned to leave, but that didn’t excuse him from acting the way he did. So, she said,

“If you really wanted me to stay, you would found a better way to say it.” She said before walking out of the room. Its not like she didn’t want to stay and she was, but then he suddenly  raised his voice and she didn’t know how else to handle it. She hated this. She hated this feeling. She hated fighting with him. And not being able to go to his room and kiss him how many times she wanted. She was already missing him.