Elevator Fright

Elevator fright

                               Nervously, Leila had presented her pitch for the project, successfully gaining the board’s interest. They had agreed to go ahead with her magazine, as the main sponsor for their ad and Leila couldn’t be more thrilled. This accomplishment had definitively climbed her up the ladder to become editor. But everything faded when everyone filled out of the conference room, leaving her and Nate alone. “You didn’t tell me you were the president of a company” she remarked, smacking her lips together.

“I never said I wasn’t either” Nathaniel answered, swirling his blue pen between his index finger and his middle. Nathaniel licked his lips as he reclined back on the chair, smiling at her.

“Touché; but next time, tell me these things.” She said, hitting him on the arm.

“You sound like my wife?”

“You’re married!?!” Leila yelled in an utter panic, her eyes shooting a thousand mile wide. Her heart aching shocked at his painful words.

“No! No, God no. I mean you sound like what a wife would say; my mom always says that to my father, ‘you need to tell me these things’ when she finds about something”

“Oh”

“Why?” he asks, lifting one of dark filled eyebrow “You don’t want me to be married?”

 No I don’t! Leila thinks to herself but she had the guts of a fireflies and she rather responded with,

“Just caught by surprised” Leila answers. Getting up from the chair Leila started to gather her stuff. “Well this was fun,” she says as she picks up her folder, but Nate’s hands touched her as he looked up to her.

“Where you going” he asked.

“To my job”

“Well isn’t this part of your job? I thought we had you until we reached an agreement” he asks her as his blue eyes twinkle in the light of the room.

“You did. And since we did reach an agreement, I can go now” she replies, holding her presentation folders in her hand.

Smiling at her, Nathaniel leaves his chair, fixed his long white dress shirt as he approached. Leila’s legs trembled under her as she looked upon he god of a man approaching her. His black dress suit fitting him perfectly while his white dress shirt is neatly tucked in, his Rolex watch clearly visible to the eye; By God was he a man chiseled by the gods their selves. When he finally approached her, he made no effort leave an appropriate distance between them. He simply lifted his right hand to her face, tucking the loose strand of hair behind her ear. Licking his lips, he asked, “What if I said that we haven’t reached an agreement?”

“I’d say your evil” Leila answered as her throat went completely dry as he smiled at her words. She didn’t  want to believe what was happening and told herself that it was only her imagination at work.  But right at that same moment, the door of the conference room opens and Sasha’s head appeared, “Sir?”

“Damn it Sasha; don’t you fucking knock!?!” Nathaniel screamed, startling Leila. “Get the fuck out!”  

“I’m sorry sir, it won’t happen again. But your cousin is here” Sasha explained as Mike walks in the room.

“You better have a good reason to be yelling at the poor girl the way….” Before Mike could finish the sentence, his eyes rested on sweet chocolate that stood by Nathaniel. With a smug smile he asked without a shame “Hello sweet chocolate, we haven’t had the pleasure to get acquainted, I’m Mike Harrington, this thing’s cousin”