Controllers have the power

The woman opened the bedroom door abruptly, having all the intention of giving that little nigger a piece of her mind. Looking around the room, she saw nothing; Expect for her son's messy bed. "Where is she?" she yelled. "Where is that little whore?"

"I told you mother there isn't anyone here!" Nathaniel yelled back "Maybe if you had stopped being a busy body, you would've heard me the first time!"

"Then what were you hiding Nathaniel? Why didn't you want me to look at your room?" Mrs. Harrington yelled as she pointed at Nathaniel suspiciously.

"I don't know mom, maybe because I am a adult man"

"Fine" she finally said as she looks around the room for the last time and stepped out. "You know the time I'll be leaving, I expect to see you come say goodbye"

"ok, mother I'll see you tomorrow." Nathaniel said to her opening the door indicating her the way out. As she walks out Nathaniel quickly shut the door behind her and locked all the locks.

               Turning his attention to the case that was at Hand, he walked toward his bedroom to find Leila sitting on the bed, her hazel eyes looking up at him. "Leila sweetheart, I am extremely sorry for that." he said to her looking deep into her eyes as he crouched down in front of her and taking her hands in his, but she pulled them back.

"Nate, I don’t think me coming over was such a great idea," she said, her eyes filled with sadness.

"Of course it was," Nathaniel quickly assured her. "My mother is just a little controlling; that's all"

"A little?" Leila said as she raised a brow.

"Leila please don't let my mother ruin this night for us please"

"But see, that's the thing; she always is because you can't tell her to butt out and the closer we get, the more controlling she will be, I really can't imagine her if we ever become really close." Leila said as got up from the bed

"what are you saying?" he asked as Leila moved herself away from him

"I'm saying that you need to deal with your parents before you can deal with us" Leila explained and walked out of the bedroom, leaving Nathaniel by himself.

                  Leila couldn’t believe that she was walking out him, but it is the only thing that she could do show him what his mom was doing. Reaching her apartment, Leila looked for Thomas, but only finds a note that read "Leila, I left with john, he came to pick me up ;) you can imagine right? Hope everything went well with your lover, I WANT DETAILS!!!!!!"

         Smiling, Leila walked over to her bed and flopped herself on. Well, at least someone's night hadn’t been ruined, she thought to herself and then sleep washed over her: giving her long dream about the man she longed for.

          The morning had not been friendly to Nathaniel. He woke up with one thought in his mind; Leila. His Lips still burned from the kiss they had shared the night before. Then she had left, leaving him alone, all because of his mother. Maybe Leila didn’t have a choice; maybe he had given his parents too much power over his life. He walked in the shower and let the hot water wash smoothly over his carefully sculpted body. Today he would put an end to his mother's meddling.

           Lost in her thoughts of the previous night, Leila had not paid attention to the entrance that Thomas had made until he yelled "Earth to Leila!!!" looking up, she saw her friend sporting a bright white smile

"Somebody got laid last night" Leila remarked to her friend

"And someone didn’t” Thomas remarked back,

"well you're right,"

"What? What happened? It couldn't be because he wasn’t interested, because he looks at you as if he wants to screw you even when there is people watching"

              Leila shook her head in confusion, no doubt he did on some way like her, the kiss from last night had definitely proven that, or maybe his mom was right, maybe he just wanted to know how it felt to be on the other side and eventually go back to where he belonged. And maybe, he was something that had to happen in her life and nothing more. Then why does she want more?

          She explained to Thomas what their luscious kiss consisted of while he squealed like a fourteen hormonal teenage girl. But she told him about the mother's interruption and her harsh words and her struggle to clearly understand them as they talked. She as she is, didn’t want to make conclusions and think the worst; after all, it is his mother and understandably she us concern about her son's life. Just a little but too concerned though.

"Oh Nathaniel, nice to see that you came." Mrs. Harrington expressed, her voice still indifferent at the sight of her son.

"Yes, so am I" Nathaniel responded back as he walked into mother's hotel room. "But first you should know the main reason that I am here, and it's not to say goodbye" he started, holding his voice firm.

"Oh really?" Mrs. Harrington's voice mocks. "Do tell me love, why are you here."

"To tell you to stay the out of my life mother. Its really getting quiet old I am a grown man and…"

"Oh Nathaniel, stop being such a drama queen!" she said waiving her hands carelessly at Nathaniel.

"Mother this isn't a joke, I am sick and tired of you and dad always having a say in my life; and you know what, I'm sick and tired of trying to get your approval. I am not a chance to redeem your mistakes and it's time for me to make mine and if I am wrong that's fine, because you know what? They would've been my mistakes."

"Nathaniel, you are wearing me out. You want to commit bestiality with that little monkey of yours; fine!! But I will be the first one to say I told you so when you cone crawling back to Alice"

"No mother, this isn't Leila and she isn't near being a ‘monkey’. This is about how my whole life gas been controlled about what you have wanted out if me. And I am sick if it. Look I am not here to ask you, I'm here to tell you; STAY THE HELL OUT MY LIFE" Nathaniel finished and opened the door, turning his head back to look at the woman he could not believe had birth him, he said "hopefully your plane doesn't crash while you're getting there. Have a nice flight mother" slamming the door behind him, Nathaniel felt relief wash over him. He took his out of his pocket phone and scroll to the name of the only person that had been holding his mind hostage all morning.

                Glancing at the computer's clock, Leila could clearly see that in an hour, it would be time for lunch. She had done a million things today from the photo-shoo, to the meetings, Leila had not taken a break and everyone in her body hurt, from her fingers to her toes. Sighing she picked up her ringing phone, not bothering to pay attention to the caller. “Hello," she said into the receiver. Her heart stopped upon hearing the deep velvet voice in the other side of the phone.

"Hey" he said with a soft tone, and took a deep sigh “I know that last night was not perfect, but I was wondering if we could start over"

"Start over?" Leila asked, her heart jumped at his words but she did not allow herself to allow him to hear her excitement. Moreover, there was the issue of his mother.

"Or maybe start altogether" he corrected himself. "Let me take you to lunch, we have to talk"

"Yeah, lunch sounds great" Leila says nonchalantly "And I'm so sorry about last night; I shouldn't have left especially when you had no control over your mother" she said lightly into the phone.

"Don't worry about it, everything has already been forgotten beautiful" Leila's heart contract at his words. "I'll pick you up in front of your building, yes!"

"Yes"

"Great, then I'll pick you up in forty-five"