Bumping Heads

Every Saturday Nathaniel had gotten used to the habit of running through central park, the entire landscape reminds him of his little town and it was one place that he didn’t hate about New York. As usual he got up early and left his condo, in his running gear and begins his morning run, as he runs, Nathaniel feel absolutely at ease as he passes through the green landscape. The lush spring flowers comes alive as he moves rapidly through the park, the people are place in slow motion and Nathaniel feels like he is a speeding bullet. And as he turns the corner at the high velocity, he feels his body collides with a small feminine but tone caramel colored body. Nathaniel’s velocity must have been greater as the female body stumbles violently her head collided with his as he tries to stabilize her.

                 The female lets out a scream as they fall together in the stabilizing attempt, Nathaniel’s body tries to remain balance but fails as his body meets the female’s, lying exactly on top of her, his lips inches away from hers. As he Nathaniel recovers his senses, he organizes the puzzle in his mind, those soft hazel eyes; that smooth caramel skin, and those luscious lips. It’s her! He realizes. But her moan of agony relieves him of his trance, and he quickly pulls himself up, “You seem to always cause me injury” he tells her, slightly annoyed that they had again crossed paths. He had been hopeful that he would forget about her, although the last few days, her fucking image had been glued to his brain with a hot glue gun.

“I think you did all the hurting today” she says reminding him of his greater strength. Her face glowed of pain.

“Are you ok?” he asks.

“I think I have twisted my ankle” she informs him with a grunt. Nathaniel sighs; surely he could not let her lay on the floor without helping her. She knew his name and he could not take the risk of having a scandal as leaving a girl that he had injured fend for herself, it could hurt the company

“Do you think you can walk” Nathaniel asks with hope that she would say yes. But no such luck because as she tries to pulls herself up, she falls again and instinctively he crouches down to meet her, bringing his arm around her neck and the other just under her bum saying, “I guess not.” As he gets back up with Leila in hand, he looks into those damn hazel eyes of hers and asks her. “Do you live far from here?”

“Just around the corner” she responds.

“Just tell me the way” he tells her and she in turn nods her head.

                     Leila cannot say whether it is luck or maybe if its destiny laughing on how lonely she is, but either way, she did not appreciate running into Nathaniel. Her head aches and her ankle feels as if it had been punctured by a thousand blades. But she was glad he didn’t leave her to fend for her own, and as he crouches down and lift her up in a bridal style manner, her heart does summersaults. He did not talk much, as usual; only to ask her where to turn, but he remained quiet, his oceanic blue eyes fixated on the path that she told him to take.

                     Nathaniel follows her instructions, walking at a pace in order to make sure that her dangling ankle did not receive anymore injuries. They stop at the tall architecture building that Nathaniel currently resides in. This cannot be happening. “This is it?” he asks, hoping that she would negate and tell him to keep gong.

“No, that’s it” she answers.

You have got to be fucking kidding me! Nathaniel thinks to himself, were the gods in the heavens playing tricks on him? Do they think that this act is slightly humoristic? With a great sigh, Nathaniel makes his way into the building.