Hold on to that

Leila twisted and turned around the California king sized bed, but couldn’t find a position comfortable enough. For over a week it had been the same, she and Nathaniel had fallen into a comfortable routine and she had gotten used to his body as a pillow. She missed his rhythmic heartbeat under her ears as her placed on his chest; she missed their legs tangled together and how they’d played small games of footsy before they fell asleep, she missed the comfort of his arms, she missed his kisses that he gave her as they fell asleep and most of all, she missed him, him and only him.

                                    __________________________________

            Nathaniel woke up to the strangest high pitch voice. He had been dreaming of Leila. Of them in their bed and together when he opened his eyes. At first he had to rub his eyes again to make sure that it wasn’t the sun that shone too bright against his pupil, but no. it couldn’t be. There was no fucking way. How did? Who did? And then it hit him. His Mother. His mother must have told her. “What the fuck are you doing here?”

“Nathaniel!” her high-pitched voice ringed. “Its nice to see you too”

“What the fuck Alice” Nathaniel yelled as he got up from the bed and looked at the overly dressed blonde.

“Oh, you, such a temper, just like your father. I hope our children do not inherit such trait.” She said with a chuckle, her deep southern accent almost foreign to Nathaniel’s ears.

“Get out!” he told her.

“But”

“Get out!”

“Nathaniel, I thought we could take this opportunity to work on things.”

“Work on what? I’m already in a relationship. There is nothing to work on, except you and your wishful thinking that we are going to be together”

“You have got to be kidding me!” Alice yelled. Her green trench coat made her only look greener with envy. “You can be fucking serious Nathaniel, You mean to tell me you seriously got into a real relationship with the nigger? “ she mocked with laughter. “This fucking takes the cake, you mean I Alice am losing to a little dumb bitch nigger? You know when your mother told me that you were still somehow seeing her and to come here, I thought that she was still obsession. Like she said, ‘to know what it felt like to fuck a nigger’.” she continued as she threw her hands up in the air “but NO! You had the audacity to fall for her Nathaniel Harrington! You fell for her! You didn’t fall for me half of the way! Am I not pretty enough?”

“Alice its not that” he tried to explained,

“Oh hell what kind of question is that? Of course I’m prettier, she’s just new right? Exciting? Exotic?”

“Alice there’ more to her than….” Nathaniel tried to explain again to the furious blonde.

“Wait till daddy here about this, how you’ve rejected me for a nigger!”

“Alice no, you can’t d..”  Nathaniel started and instantly saw the brighten look on Alice’s face.

“No, wait till your father knows you’ve been screwing a nigger all these months,”

“Alice, you can’t do that. I beg you, you cant do that!”

“And why not Nathaniel Harrington? Why cant I?” she asked, hand postured on her hips

“He’ll take”

“Everything away?” she finished with a cynical laughter. “Oh I know, and that’s exactly why I am doing it! You couldn’t have possibly expected a happy ending Nathaniel. You out of all people should know that these things do not happen in real life.”

“Alice I…”

“Don’t bother Nathaniel, You’re going to be sorry you ever laid eyes on that little monkey” she told him as she grabbed he yellow purse and slammed the door shut behind her.

            Why couldn’t she sleep? Leila thought. She had problems sleeping before ever since Nathaniel had gone, but never to this extinct. Something was wrong. So, she did as her instinct told her and grabbed her MacBook from the night table and called Nathaniel on Skype. As soon as it started ringing, her called was immediately answered by Nathaniel, “Hey gorgeous” he said with a smile. But she knew him. Something was wrong.

“Hi” she responded. “I couldn’t sleep”

“Is something wrong?” he asked.

“No, I just miss you.” She admitted to him and he smile. “A lot” she emphasized. “Like a lot, a lot”

“I miss you too beautiful, I can’t wait to see you” he told her with a small smile

“Are you okay baby”

“What do you mean?”

“You seem sad.”

“Oh don’t worry about it baby. I’m just tired from flying all across Europe. And I miss you a lot. I just need to come home”

“Your apartment is waiting for you, and I’m warming it until you get back.”

“No, I mean I just need to come home to you.”  He told her with a sad smile.

“Well, I can’t wait for you to be home.”

“Listen, I have some things to take care of, so I’m going to have to let you go sweetie. But can you do something for me?” he asked her.

“Anything.”

“If anything were ever to happen, can you remember that you mean the world to me. Only you, nothing and no one else. Can you do that for me leils?” he asked her, and her heart dropped. Why was he telling her this?  She stumbled on the words at first, before saying

“Y… y. Yeah, yes. And you remember that I feel the same way okay.”

“Okay. You hold on to that okay. And no matter what, believe that.” 

________

    If you guys are interested in a good, really well written historical fiction, then you guys should check out the accidental groom by wishinggal. This girl and her style of writing is simply novelty. I fail to understand why is not yet published.  Happy Reading :) And she uploads pretty often :)