"Laura Meet Mike, the Manwhore!"

The minute Nathaniel descended from his plane; the only thing he needed to do was to call his girl.  He was six hours ahead he thought and as he looked at the airport clock. It marked a giant three thirty am. Good, he thought, which means that she would be awake. It would be nine at the most for her. He let the phone ring until he heard her melodic voice on the other side. “Hello” it registered.

“Hey baby”

“Nathaniel; have you landed? How was the flight?”

“Torture.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Its okay. I’d just rather have you with me. I should have made your boss let you come along” he told her and she laugh.

“You always think bribing people is the best way to get your way.”

“That’s because it is.”

“How’s the hotel” she asked.

“I’ll tell you when I get there” he confessed.

“You haven’t reached the hotel? You must be exhausted. You want me to let you go so you can rest?”

“I probably should do that” Nathaniel realized as he stepped onto the limousine. “I’ll call you as soon as I wake up ok.”

“Yeah sure.”

“Bye sweetheart.”

“Oh and Nathaniel” her vice came to his ear in small pitch.

“What is it?”

“I miss you,” she told him forcing him to intake a deep breathe.

“I miss you too,” he told her sincerely, before cutting the conversation.

            What was wrong with him Nathaniel thought as he laid his head back on the seat feeling him dozing off? He shouldn’t have let himself be so dependent on he. He didn’t say his feelings so openly. So why now; what the hell was it about Leila? Was it what his mother spoke of when she said they’d never let go once they have you because she had a spell on him? He was certain of that. But what could he do. He was already a slave to her. A few hours without seeing her and his basically gone mad, he was fooling himself thinking he could come back from this trip and he’d be free of her spell. He felt his eyelids grow heavier and he yawned slightly and let deep sleep wash over him.

            Laura had come to visit again the next morning and Leila couldn’t have bee more thrilled. This time sported light blue denim shorts with a dark gray crop top and gey combat boots. “You have got to wear your own clothes.”  She told Leila as she looked at her with a playful disgust.

“But I like wearing my boyfriend’s clothes. He smells nice.”

“Ugh, you sicken me.”

“Watch, when you find somebody you fall for. That stuff you find so disgusting, you’ll be the first to do it.”

“Doubt it. All the black men these days are either ugly, whores, rude, arrogant and my new favorite, gay!”

“That’s not true. I have seen some really good looking black guys around Manhattan, you’re just too picky.”

“I’m not picky… I just haven’t found the right chocolate thunder guy you know.”

“And why only black guys. What about a white one”

“Unh-Unh.  Hell no.  You might be fine with small penises, But I, Laura is not.”

“Who told you that Nathaniel had a small penis? My man is fully and too damn well endowed thank you very much.”