Lets have a distraction

Nathaniel couldn’t believe it. Email her? Had she really just tell him to email her? He felt his anger coming to a boiling point and without realizing his action; he threw the folder in his hand across the room, spreading the papers all over his office. Mike, his cousin, had been standing across from him watching the action unfold. And with nothing else to say as he watched Nathaniel’s tantrum, he whistled in a high pitch voice. “Awkward”

“Can you believe her?” Nathaniel asked but mike only shrugged

“Can you not believe her?” Mike asked sarcastically. “I mean Lance is a pretty good looking dude” Mike responded as he walked over to the cabinet and pulled out a bottle of whisky and poured himself a glass. “But, really dude, did you really expect a fine ass girl like Leila to be sulking over your little childish epiphany? I for one applaud her. Especially walking in here, looking like a present waiting to be unwrapped.” He said as continued to drink the whisky, letting it slide down his throat, because although, it is Nathaniel that is over heels with girl, the point is she is hot and every guy would want a piece of her, including Mike.              “You can’t tell me that you weren’t horny being in this office all by yourself with her, especially in that tight ass skirt and those fucking boots! Shit, I walked in and I got a boner,” Mike admitted, which made Nathaniel give him a deadly look. “Relax, no matter how hot Leila is, she’s too much of a good girl. She doesn’t know how to use her body for her advantage, and she’s the kind of girl that only gets down when she’s positive about the guy and I’m not a guy she is interested in, she hates that I am overly sexual” Mike explained to his cousin with a laugh, but Nathaniel didn’t care, the only thing on his mind was the fact that Leila had left with this Lance guy.

“Who the fuck is Lance” Nathaniel asked

“A potential investor, this kid’s family is practically take showers with money” Mike responds with a boyish smile, knowing that his cousin is only asking because of Leila. “You know; if you’re really worried about this guy taking her away from you, you can always admit that you made a mistake and ask her to try again.”

“You should be able to fucking get it Mike. I cant. You know what would happen if I did that, and I can’t risk losing for a girl,”

            Mike knew that his cousin was making a point. His uncle wouldn’t blink twice to disown him if he ever found out about Leila. But he knew Nathaniel, had grown up with him and never before had he seen his him jealous about a girl, any girl. Usually, threw them away like recycled materials but not this one. 

“I really don’t know what to tell you, I mean I thought you were a jerk earlier but you’re right. She’s going to want more than secrets dates and unless you are ready to give her all of that, than yes, I think maybe you are doing the right thing than letting her fall for you and then get that slap in her face.”

            Leila felt proud as she walked out of Nathaniel’s office. Head held high and looking damn good! And meeting lance sure was a plus. She smiled to herself as she raised her head to see Lance as they walked. Oh, yes, definitely a plus.

“So, Leila,” He started as he pressed the elevator button and stepped into the opening doors  “Such a beautiful name by the way, what were you doing here? I man I figured that you don’t work here. I mean, are you a partner? Because Nathaniel is definitely not your boss, I know that by the way you dissed him” he said with a grin.

“Dissed him?” she asked confusingly, “I did no such thing, I only told him to email me.”

“Ok, Ms. Sassy” he laughed. Pressing the elevator button to the ground floor.

“What about you Lance, are you a friend of Mike”

“Well, I don’t know if we’re good friends, but he’s a really nice and we hit it off. I want to invest in this company, actually” he explained.

                        “You know what you need?”  Mike yells.

“Enlighten me” Nathaniel answered

“A Good striper! Seriously, I mean you get some good ass, some of them give good head, and you’ll be brand new” he said with a huge grin and a grin.

“You are disgusting” Nathaniel laughed, “But I do need to get my head out of thinking about Leila, a little fun couldn’t help I guess,”

“Woo-woo!”

“Not with prostitutes” Nathaniel quickly corrects his cousin’s misunderstanding. But maybe you and I should start hanging out again; like the old times.

“That right, old Nathaniel, the drinking and the ladies”

“And it’ll get her off my mind.”

“That’s right! So tonight, I pick you up, how about it?  And we can go to this new club and its perfect because Today’s Friday and you can get drunk all you want. It’s a restaurant but by eleven, it’s a party joint. Perfect for you and me”

“Fine, Fine, Fine, Just no prostitutes”

“Strippers aren’t prostitutes,”

“Whatever, I don’t want them either”

            Leila smiled at Lance, the so ever beautiful Lance as his green pools penetrated hers. Yet as much as she wanted to have a deeper connection to him, it was next to impossible. When she looked into his soft green eyes, all she wanted is to be able to see Nate’s deep blue oceanic seas. When she saw his smile, she couldn’t help but missed Nate’s small smirk, everything just made her want Nate, no matter how perfect Lance was. Nathaniel just kept her mind. She had to come to terms with the fact that he didn’t want her. He is a multi-millionaire, stupid her for thinking in fairy-tales. Not to mention that was black!

            Yes, she was the kind of person that accepted diversity, but did she really think that a rich white man would be into her in that way. And even if he did like her, it wouldn’t be because of her personality, it would just be an experiment, to know how it felt to be with a black girl. But they didn’t want a real relationship; for what? Her dad had been an exception, than again, her dad wasn’t rich either, and they didn’t own a multi-million dollar company.             Her dad’s parents had been liberal and campaigned for equal rights. She didn’t know Nathaniel’s family, but something told her they weren’t the ‘we are the world’ sort-of people. But she couldn’t blame his family; it was his fault, and only his fault. She thought as she tried to rewire her thoughts. There are a lot of people out there, like her dad; liking someone because of what they have to offer, like Lance…hopefully.

                  “Leila? Leila?” Lance’s voice sips softly into her ears as she drank the Starbucks coffee that he had bought her.

“I’m sorry, I was just distracted, I’ve had a lot on my mind lately” she explained with a faint smile.

“That’s quite alright, I was asking you if you would like to do this again sometimes. I really like you Leila, and I would really love to get to know you”

“I would really love that,” she answered with a smile. She couldn’t let Nate hold her back. He was the one that turn her down, she hadn’t done a thing, and guy like Lance disserved a chance.

“Great! Tonight then? I heard about this new club that’s a restaurant but turns into a club by eleven, so I can check out your dance move” He told her as he kissed her cheeks and smiled at her one more time, waved goodbye and headed in the opposite direction.

________________________

Please dont Forget to VOTE and tell me your thoughts as they mean a lot to me :) Thank you.Much love. xoxo