Chapter 19

Mark's Point of View. 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The only sound that was heard through out the room was the sound of the heart montior. The sound of her heart thumping and thumping. It was a beautiful sound, but right now it was a haunting sound. It felt like hours when she finally opened her eyes, the dull gray color looking around the room confused, but most of all scared. She couldn't remember why she was in here that point was obvious by the way she looked around the creme colored room. She was shaking, her hands trembling as she tried to sit up against the bed but stopped when she realized her wrists were wrapped up in gauze. 

"Here.. Let me help you", Jesse spoke quietly and carefully. He stepped around from Ryan and walked over to her, his tear strained face twisted in pain as he went and helped her sit up. Anybody in the room could see how she wanted to pull away from his touch, but she was too afraid to speak. 

Sighing out slowly, I walked over to her bed side and pulled up a chair right beside her bed. I reached over to take her hand but stopped when I saw her push her hands away and under the covers of the sheets. Looking up to look at her, she had her head bend down with her red hair covering her face. I wanted to comfront her and wrap her up in my arms to keep her safe from everything and anything she was afraid of. I wanted to tell her everything was going to be okay, but I knew deep inside me that she wouldn't believe it. She'll start to deny the right of having happiness and joy in her life. She would repeat all the hurtful words her mother screamed at her as she grew up. In her eyes, she was the worthless girl that wasn't meant to be brought into this world. 

"Sage, sweetheart, do you know why you're in here?" Ryan asked a few moments later. He walked over to the oppsite side of her bed and reached out to place his hand on her shoulder. He was about to say something when Sage shoved his hand off her. 

"I want to go home. I don't want to be here anymore", she said, her voice soft and low that it was almost hard for any of us to understand what she said. 

"You aren't allowed to go home yet, Sage. You tried to k..kill yourself a few hours ago they're not going to let you leave this hospital for a while." Jesse said, forcing the words to come out of his mouth. He had in tears in eyes as he looked at Sage, his already bloodshot eyes getting wetter and wetter as he stared at her. 

Sage said nothing as she ignored his words. She lifted her head up and turned to look at me, her dull colored eyes brighting just a tad bit when she noticed it was me by her side. Forcing a smile to cross my lips I reached over and wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her into a hug. Immeditaly she wrapped her arms around me and began to cry, her tiny body trembling in my arms as she did. 

"Why? Why would you do that to yourself, Sage?" I asked her, my voice almost coming out in a whisper. I pulled back from the hug and reached up to take her banaged wrists into my hands. I stared down at the gauze that covered her wrists, my fingers absentmindly rubbing along the white material as I waited for an answer. "Is it that bad that you want to take your own life?" 

When I didn't get an answer I looked up to look at her. She had a blank and off look to herself. Her gray eyes despite from just crying looked dull and lifeless. Her once bright red hair is now faded into an orange color. Her skin was paler than usually and the bags underneath her eyes were visible. She looks like she was literally on the verge of losing her sanity. 

I was about to open my mouth once again but stopped when I noticed something flicker in her eyes. Her gray eyes igniting as she pulled away from my hold and looked at me. She had a frown on her face as she looked from me to the others in the room. I was prepared to listen to her start complaining about going home once again, but was surpirsed when she began to speak about herself.