Genocide Before Our Very Eyes

Probably going to come back and add to this at a later point. But right now, just a little thing.

So I was having a conversation with a friend after Fajr today and the situation in Myanmar (Burma, whatever you know it as) came up with the Rohingya Muslims and such. My friend, who is somewhat politically unaware and doesn't bother too much with world news, admitted he had no clue what the situation is except that bad stuff is happening. Didn't know what or why. So I started explaining to him a very simplified and short version.

It is literally genocide. The oppressive majority Buddhists hate Muslims and are being real terrorists. They kill kill kill without so much as a thought.  They are shooting, stabbing, and raping all around. Burning homes and Masajid and people. 

There was an interview, idk how many of you saw, but it was with a 13yr old girl who watched her father be killed right in front of her eyes, while being raped. Two major traumas for her. And there are articles about children and babies being shot or cut up. Men, women, old and young, killed solely for the fact that they are Muslims.

"And they resented them not except because they believed in Allah, the All-Mighty, the Praiseworthy. Who, to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth! And Allah is Witness over everything. Verily, those who put into trial the believing men and believing women (by torturing them), and then do not turn in repentance, (to Allah), will have the torment of Hell, and they will have the punishment of the burning Fire. Verily, those who believe and do righteous good deeds, for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise). That is the great success. Indeed, the vengeance of your Lord is severe." (85:8-12)

I could spend hours listing all of tragedies in brutal detail, sharing articles about what the people are suffering there. I do intend to share at least one or two articles later, but for now, let's just assume this is enough. We have a general idea of what's going on, no? Injustice. Murder. Rape. Genocide before our very eyes.

And yet the Muslims around the world are cold and turn away. The rich Muslim nations ignore this. The countries close their borders and won't accept them. And the few who get in are treated like 3rd class citizens, trash and worse than animals! The Muslims betray them and turn them away or call out to support the oppressors.

That's right, supporting the genocidal oppressors against fellow Muslims and victims.

The government of a neighboring country, Bangladesh (who btw is dealing with a flood crisis as well so please pray for our Muslim bros/sis there too, about 1,200 have died in this horrible tragedy) has been for a while denying proper support to their fellow Muslims, has done the unthinkable. For a while, they have closed their borders and turned them away, mistreated whoever gets in, pushed them out and away into a place where they can't survive, and denied aid to them for a billion excuses. But now, they've FINALLY decided it's time to show some support.... to the oppressors.