Remembering Regrets

Sometimes I remember the darkness of my past
Bringing back these memories I wish I didn't have
Sometimes I think of letting go and never looking back
And never moving forward so there'd never be a past...

Sigh. Not my words. It'd probably be nice if they were. Those words are ones I had to google after hearing a part of them recently and they brought back a certain memory. So, let's dive into the past I wish wasn't.

So, as some of you may know, I didn't grow up in the best of neighborhoods. I mean, if you've read my 20 facts book you've probably guessed that from one of the facts being me having to save a little kid from gunshots (and him laughing afterwards).

So anyways, things weren't so great. But this isn't about that. Being a Muslim, and being unique in my personality anyways, I didn't really mix well with the neighborhood kids all the time. Especially not in the later years when generations got more... Just horrible lol. Like, kids were bad when I was little, but when I was teen maaaaan I really realized how some people were just REALLY REALLY BAD. And they had no sense.

Anyways, my point is I was mostly a loner at this time. Pre-wattpad days, so I didn't even socialize online lol. Thankfully, I've always been a writer, so... You know. Books, pens, paper, I'm happy lol.

Anyways, the one thing that would bring me out to talk and deal with people, be it at home or  at school or in public, was talking about Islam. Even deeply shy me had had quite a few debates at school during lunch with randomo's (I know that's not the proper way of writing for that, but leave me alone!) to explain Islam or answer their challenges etc.

So one day, while I was in my room working on a story, my sisters come and tell me there's a boy at the door asking for me. He wanted to ask questions about Islam. I asked who it was  because at the time, all I know what kids were running around the neighborhood and who lived there but was never around. The kids who were running about were absolutely evil monsters.

----Just to explain the type of kids they were (and you'll see more later in this story), they once brought their pitbull to chase a pregnant cat into a tree, then proceeded to throw SCOOTERS at the cat to knock it out so their dog could kill it. Why? Just an evil bloodlust. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they're all in jail by now. I think at least one had been to juvie back then----

So when my sister said it was one of their friends, I was really in doubt. And I asked why he'd ask for me when he never met me even. My sister told me that he'd been asking stuff about Islam to her and she didn't know how answer so she came to get me. Fine.

So I go out and this kid is someone I don't recognize. In some ways, his appearance is similar to the awful kids, let's call them E-squad (evil...duh). But he carried himself a little differently. He wore the same clothes like them, but in a normal way, no sagging thankfully. And though he had a reallllll smug bit of arrogance about him like they did, it wasn't in the same way. It wasn't like "oh I'm a thug, I can beat up everyone on the street." It was just... Idk how to explain but he seemed arrogant.

So I ask what he's asking about and well he wants to know how the Quran is from God. The kid claims he's an atheist, and that for me explained his arrogance in some way. Anyways I head back inside to get my books so i can start citing stuff lol and when i come bafk out, we're walking about and talking about Islam, God, Prophets, etc.

And he switches the topic. He starts mentioning how one of the E-Squad kids has a biblical name but doesn't act very christian like. I of course agreed before carrying the convo on until he kept switching it and I realized he wasn't too interested in challenging my Islam. He actually just agreed with some stuff, whether it was just to get my approval or genuinely believed idk, but he accepted stuff easily. I could tell he wasn't really an atheist because he didn't believe God could exist, that was just his rebel excuse due to some personal tragedies. Typical.