Chapter 17

Strange meets weird - Chapter 17

- Wake up Sleeping Beauty!

Linny buried her face on her pillow and grunted.

- Go away! 5 more minutes!

Amy laughed, shook her head and thought for a moment. Then, she jumped on Linny's bed and started singing/ screaming one of her songs.

- OMG Amy! Stop it! It's way too early! Leave me alone.

- C'mon you lazy woman. It's already 9am and we have work to do!

Linny finally looked up and stared at her friend.

- Since when are you so excited this early in the morning.

- Since you got a hot date and still haven't shared any details about it!

- Seriously? That's not a good reason to wake me up!

- Oh, didn't I tell you? Linus called. His girlfriend got us a meeting with Mr. Whatshisname from the group of supernatural fans. 

- "Mr Whathisname"? Wow, Amy, do you ever read my notes?

- Of course!

Amy pretended to be very offended by the question while Linny just rolled her eyes.

- When is the meeting?

- At noon. But we got to go downtown on a bus because your mom already left for work.

- Can't we just call a cab?

- Mmm I guess, but then everybody will know that Mandy Ferris went to meet a strange dude who believes in ghosts. I wonder what Jack might say about that?

- Amy, stop being such a drama queen. We'll just ask the cab to take us somewhere downtown and then we'll take a bus.

- Well fine! But anyway, Matthew doesn't want to stay here all alone and I don't know how to stop him from tagging alone. So, tag, you're it. Go talk to him! Oh and I still want to hear all about your date with Zach, so after you deal with Matt, we'll have some girl talk before going to meet the weirdo guy.

Linny shook her head and got up, defeated. While she showered, she tried to come up with a good excuse to stop Matthew from going with them. Finally, she did the only thing she could think of: she called Zach.

- Hey Linny! Couldn't wait to talk to me again, huh?

- Argh, I knew I should've called Lenny...

- Lenny? 

- Yeah, I kinda need a favor... See, Amy and I want to hang out together for a couple of hours in the city, but we don't want to leave Matthew alone in my mom's house... So I thought you might want to give him a call and take him for lunch or something?

Zach laughed.

- So you want a babysitter.

- Don't say it like that. C'mon, will you call him? And not tell him that I called you? Please?

- Yeah, don't worry. I'll give him a call. Tell him it's time for some time with his bros. I'll talk to Lenny too.

- Great! Do some male bonding! Yay! That should be cool. Just remember it was your idea. Don't mention me at all.

- Yeah yeah yeah. Don't worry. Go have some girl time with Amy.

- Well, I'll actually be doing research, so it won't be as fun as whatever you guys will be doing. But thanks!

Amy was already pounding on her door.

- Coming! ... Zach, sorry, that's Amy being a pest. Got to go! Thanks! Bye.