Chapter 8

Author's Note: This chapter is dedicated to liliancarmine and her "Lost Boys" books:"The Lost Boys" and "The Lost Boys on tour" are just awesome! if you like to read about musicians, ghosts and/or wiches then check them out because they are outstanding. 

Anyway, here it is: chapter 8 of Strange meets Weird. Enjoy, vote and comment! :)

Strange meets Weird - Chapter 8

Linny and Linus arrived thirty minutes before the concert started. They took their seats and looked around. Everything seemed normal. The VIPs hadn't arrived yet. Linny didn't seen anyone who could recognize her so she took the opportunity to check backstage for her friend.

At the gate there were security people. They glared at her but when she showed her the backstage pass she had, they let her in. She was so excited and nervous her entire body was shaking but she tried to keep her face as relaxed and neutral as possible.

- Who are you?

Linny turned a little frightened by the man's voice but quickly calmed herself.

- I'm Mélanie Black. Mandy told me to come before her concert...

- Oh, Mélanie! Nice to meet you. Of course she told us about you. My name is Zach.

- Nice to meet you Zach. Do you know where Mandy is?

- Sure, let me show you. She's getting her make-up ready.

Zach seemed nice. He was handsome and you could tell he was a rock star himself. She wondered what instrument she played, but didn't ask because she didn't want to sound suspicious.

When they got to a door with a star and the name "Mandy", they stopped and Zach knocked at the door.

- Hey Mandy! You've got a visitor!

Zach left and Linny got inside the room. It was a small changing room with little space for anything, but the light was bright and there were lots of mirrors which made the room seem bigger than it really was.

- Mélanie!!!

Amy screamed with excitement and ran to Linny to hold her in a bear hug. Linny's eyes were filling with tears. Finally she had found her best friend. She hugged her tight. When they let go, they just stared at each other with huge smiles on their faces. Amy was the first to

come back to reality. She hugged her one more time and whispered "just follow my lead".

- Mélanie, I'm so glad you came! You must be wondering why I asked you to come so early. You see, there's an after party after the concert and Zach needed a date, so I suggested he went with you. After his break-up with Tisha he hasn't really been open to dates, so could you

escort him to the party? He can't go alone... I'll go with Linus. He's here, right?

- Sure, he's here.

- Awesome. It'll be an awesome party!

At that moment the make-up artist finally lost her patience and yelled at Amy to get seated again. Amy barely had enough time to get another backstage pass for Linus and two invites for the party. Linny went back to her seat quickly, her mind all confused on Amy's words. She

was obviously very closely watched and couldn't talk to her freely yet.

- So, did you talk to her?

- Yeah, she gave me these. So I guess I'd better text my mom to tell her not to pick us up. Man, I sound like a teenager. I hadn't needed my mom to drive me around in ages!