Chapter 9

Strange meets weird - Chapter 9

Amy had just finished talking with her two friends when there was a knock on the door.

- It's probably Zach to pick you up. Linus and I will arrive "fashionably late".

As soon as Amy mentioned Zach, Linny felt nervous. She brought her friend with her on her way to the door so Linus wouldn't overhear their next words.

- Relax, it'll be ok. He's a nice guy.

- But what am I suppose to tell him I am?!

- Oh, I already check that, aside from your family story being different, the rest of your life is still the same, so you won't need to worry about lying. You are such an awful liar.

- So does everybody tell me.

Linny rolled her eyes. Why does everybody keep mentioning that? Then she thought about what Amy had just said.

- Wait, how did you check about my life?

- I googled you. Besides when I went to the hospital to check on you, I talked to your mom for a while. So relax.

Amy smiled and Linny gathered all the courage she had before opening the door.Zach was there looking extremely handsome and with a box of chocolates in his hands.

- I brought you these as a thank you gift. Do you like chocolates?

- Of course, and Lindt are my favorites.

Zach and Linny smiled, Amy took the chocolate box and sent them on their way.

Linny followed Zach to the door of the hotel. The rest of the band were waiting for them with their own dates. Zach introduced Linny to all of them. The dates of the musicians were all tall, gorgeous and with flawless skin, so Linny felt out of place and wondering if they were going to make her feel unwanted.

Fortunately for her, the group was very nice and made her feel comfortable. Well, except for the guitarist's date. She was called Jennifer and was a super model, as she always reminded everyone. She kept mentioning the Zach's recent break-up and how Linny was just a last minute replacement. Jennifer's green eyes gazed upon Linny like laser beams. Linny made a mental note to either stay out of her way, or, if that plan failed, to pour some chocolate sauce on Jen's dress.

Just thinking about ruining Jen's dress made her smile and soon she found herself arriving at the party.

Zach behave like a gentleman. He took her hand and moved quickly, not giving the paparazzi the opportunity to take too many pictures. As soon as they reached the door, his shoulders relaxed and lead the way to a nice table reserved for the band. Since the rest had stayed answering the journalists questions and posing for pictures, Linny and Zach were the only ones seating there.

The room was beautiful: it was big, elegant and with a nice dance floor in the middle. The lights were of warm colors mostly, but the entrance was illuminated with blue light making the appearance of every assistant very dramatic. It had been decorated with some guitars hanging from the walls and pictures from the band during their tour. Zach was the one who started the conversation.

- So, Amy told me that you've known each other since childhood. How come I hadn't seen you before?

- Oh, we had a little bit of a disagreement for a while, but it's all good now.

- Boy problem?

Linny was nervous, she didn't know what to say.

- I'd rather not talk about it. It's in the past now and I'm happy that we are best friends again.