Chapter 7

Author's Note: This story is now Non-teen Fiction #109 and Fantasy #480 ! How awesome is that? Of course, that's because I've received my very first vote. So if you like the story, don't forget to comment fan and/or vote =)

Strange meets weird - Chapter 7

The sun woke up Linny at 6am. She had barely slept at all because she just couldn't stop thinking about Amy. Was she as scared as she was? Amy had always been adventurous but being stuck in an alternate reality had to be scary even for her. At least Linny had her mom at

her side. Amy only seemed to have her manager and the concert crew. Then there was Linus. Why had he agreed to help Amy? Where they in love? And why hadn't Linny asked him this before?

Well, right now she had to focus on the concert and coming up with a plan to go back home with Amy.

After her morning routine, she went downstairs to the kitchen to make herself some breakfast. Her mom was there, wearing an apron and trying to make pancakes. She had never been a good cook, and it showed. The pancakes had weird shapes and were mostly burned. She looked desperate. Linny smiled and decided she should make her presence known.

- Good morning mom! 

- Linny! Honey! You're awake already! Did you get a good night sleep? 

- Huh, yeah, of course. 

- You were never a good liar darling.

Linny matched her mom's smiled and raised one of her eyebrows.

- And you were never a good cook, mom.

Her mom looked shocked, but then she stared at the mess surrounding her and laughed.

- Touché. I thought I should make my daughter some breakfast. Who knew making pancakes was so tough?

Linny couldn't stop laughing at that.

- Don't worry. Get ready for you job and I'll make breakfast for both of us. 

- But you've just been released from the hospital! You should be resting!  

- Don't worry, I like cooking. Besides, it's the least I can do, you've been so helpful and nice these days...

- That's what mothers are for, dear Linny. No matter how old you are, I'll always be your mom.

Linny's eyes started watering, filling themselves with tears that were threatening to fall.

- Thank you mom. But really, I've go this. Go get changed for your job.

Twenty minutes later, Linny was having breakfast with her mom. It was so lovely being with her that part of her didn't want to go back to her own universe. But she couldn't forget about her father or about Amy.

- Mom, do you remember that old mirror grandma Mary had? It had weird symbols carved on the golden frame... Do you know what happened to it?

Linny had figured that since everything seemed so different in this universe, her grandma Mary had probably died. Her mother's answer confirmed her suspicions.

- Oh, yeah. I've being storing that mirror for years since your grandma passed away, waiting for you to take it. You said it didn't go with your apartment's decoration. Why? Are you going to take it now? 

- Yeah, I think so. Where is it now? In your attic? 

- Yes, we can take it to your place tomorrow if you'd like. 

- That'd be great. 

Linny smiled, but her mind was filled with questions. Obviously that mirror had to be the key to this mess, but she had no idea how to make it work. Anyway, that's something she had to do with Amy. 

When her mom left the house, Linny went to the attic. She looked around for some minutes before she found the mirror. She didn't dare to touch it without Amy, so she just stared at it for some minutes, trying to understand those weird symbols, but no matter how much she

thought about them, she couldn't make sense of them. Then, when she was about to leave, she found her grandma's trunk. Apparently she had inherited it too. She looked through it and got a couple of things from it. Changing their appearance could be important. She even got a

wig for Linus.

After lunch, she started getting ready for the concert. She put some items in her purse that she thought would be useful, including what she had found in the disguise trunk. Then she took a shower and started changing for the concert. Amy had included leather pants and a black tank top in her basket gift. Linny assumed that those would be fitting for the concert. She wondered what kind of music her friend played. She opened her laptop and looked for youtube videos of Mandy Ferris. She listened to them while doing her make-up. Her friend was a great rock singer! She thought she'd be a pop star using autotune, but you could tell from the videos that Amy had a great voice. Why hadn't she ever heard her singing? How could she hide such a talent from her? What kind of self-involved person didn't know that her best friend was an awesome singer?

She decided to make herself look like a rock fan, with heavy eye make up and messy hair. She liked it. Then she remembered going to a few concerts before and wondered if she would be able to keep her purse from getting lost. She checket her tickets. Her seats were as VIP as they could be, she was probably going to be surrounded by celebs looking to make an appearance at an important event. Her purse would be safe.

While she was in her mom's bathroom she saw a hair die in spray. Apparently in this universe changing your hair color was "easy, fast and eco-friendly". Linny looked at the bottle for a moment before deciding that changing her hair's color couldn't hurt. She picked a dark red spray and applied it. After a few seconds of massaging her head, her hair had transformed completely. She then found a bottle to curl your hair. After applying it, she couldn't believe her reflection. She looked completely different! She was pleased with the change so she check the time. Her mom would be arriving soon, so she decided to go downstairs and wait for her.

Sure enough, after only 5 minutes her mom was waiting for her outside. She sat in the car and silently prayed for the evening to unfold well. After a while they found themselves in the maze of neon lights that was the city. They quickly made their way to Linus' apartment and

Linny stepped out and knocked at his door.

Linus look different. His hair was shorter, he had eye make-up that made him look almost emo, and his clothes were dark and expensive looking.

- You clean up nice Linus. 

- Amy bought these for me to wear at the concert. I felt so weird, I decided to add some emo make-up just to express my displeasure.

Linny laughed.

- By the way, you look great Linny. Nice idea changing your hair color, even if they had seen you, no way they'd recognize you now. I almost didn't. 

- Thanks. Well, shall we go? 

- Actually there's one more thing we need to do before leaving.

He took her into his apartment and placed her in front of a professional looking camera. After 5 minutes, Linny was the owner of a fake ID with the name Mélanie Black. She smiled when she saw the last name. When she was younger she was a huge Brad Pitt fan and used to

watch "Meet Joe Black" over and over. Amy must have remembered.

- Ok, now we can go. Are you ready Mélanie? 

- As ready as I'm going to be. What's your fake name? 

- Joseph White.

Linny laughed and suddenly felt more relaxed.

- Well, then Mr. White, let's go to the concert.