Chapter 21

Strange meets Weird - Chapter 21

As expected, when she returned home, Linny found Amy sitting on the couch reading a book. She smiled. It was nice to feel she wasn't alone, even though 'her' Amy had returned to their reality. Apparently, a lot of things were different in alternate dimensions, but Amy's big heart wasn't one of them. Sure, she was a rock star, but she always made time for Linny, to make sure she was OK, to make her company. It was nice, but of course it was a lot more fun to pretend that it was annoying.

- You know you don't have to wait in my apartment every time I return from therapy.

- Oh, hi Linny! Nice to see you too.

Amy smiled at her friend while Linny just rolled her eyes.

- Hi Amy. So, how are you? I heard you are going on a date on Saturday.

- Ha! that's exactly why I came here! I had to hear from Zach that you agreed to go on a date with him. Zach! not my best friend that I've known since childhood!

- Well, technically, your best friend from childhood lives in another reality so...

- So not the point! Anyway, you must know why I'm here right?

- Hum, I thought you just wanted to gossip or talk about my therapy session.

- Yes and yes.

Linny laughed. Amy was so predictable. But predictable wasn't bad in her book. It was good, it was safe.

- Well, actually, it's not such a bad thing that you came because I really need your help. 

- With what?

- Homework. I need to step out of my comfort zone and apparently a second date with a rock star doesn't count.

Amy clapped her hands with a huge smile on her face. Her eyes were shining bright as if it was the best thing that could have happened.

- Oh! So exciting! there are so many possibilities because, well, you kind of have a very small comfort zone, but yeah, I'm on it! Not to worry. We'll go tomorrow. I'll make the arrangements.

Linny raised her left eyebrow, looking at Amy suspiciously.

- Really? You already know what to do?

- Of course! And I'm not telling you.

- Amy!

OK, so maybe Amy wasn't really THAT predictable because Linny had no idea what her friend could have in mind. Not knowing really annoyed her and of course Amy knew that which meant that she was going to keep it a secret for as long as possible. Was it revenge for not calling her the minute she had agreed on going on a second date with Zach? 

- Oh, shush, you must have expected me to keep it a surprise. 

That was true. Amy loved surprises. So maybe it wasn't revenge. She smiled again. 

- I guess so.

- Now go on, tell me about your conversation with Zach.

- Didn't he already tell you about it?

- He told me the guy version which was: "So I called and she said yes!". Very exciting, now I need the girl version.

Linny chuckled at Amy's impersonation of Zach and told her all the details about it.

....

The next day, Amy picked her up and drove for hours. 

- Are we close?