Chapter 13

Strange meets weird - Chapter 13

They arrived at the hotel late at night so they went straight to check in and to their suite. Linny plopped on the bed exhausted. "Sleeping in an actual bed is underrated", she thought, as she quickly fell asleep wrapped in the bed sheets.

When she woke up, she found Amy already dressed-up and about to go out.

- I hate morning talk shows! I mean, I love watching them, but going for interviews? Not so much. I'm so sleepy!

Linny giggled under Amy's glare.

- Laugh all you want, but Jack knows I'm not a morning person. This is torture!

- C'mon Amy, you've done it before and you can do it again. Just put one foot in front of the other and go!

- You know, if I didn't know you any better, I'd think you didn't like me...

Linny laughed, hugged her friend and shooed her out of their suite. Amy liked to rant about waking up early, but she was very responsible and she never failed to meet her commitments. 

Linny didn't have to star ther day quite so early, so she took a long shower and went downstairs to have breakfast. She smiled to some of the crew members but then went to sit by herself so she could organize her day.

As she was writing down her day's activities, Linus arrived. he had a big smile on his face and greeted her with a big hug.

- I don't know you guys for long, but when you girls left town, I felt sad. I missed you!

Just then the guys from the band arrived at the dining room. Linny had assumed that they had gone to the morning talk show with Amy, but apparently, her friend was making a solo appearance this time. Zach was still in a bad mood. Matthew watched them with interest, while Lenny, the bass player, went to sit with the crew. Matthew dragged Zach to Linny's table.

- Good morning Linny! Hi Linus! You were at a party with us a while ago right?

- Yes, I was Amy's date that time. Hello Zach.

They shook hands, although Zach didn't seem too friendly about it. At least Matthew was smiling and trying to make conversation.

- So Mandy said you were going to spend the day with Linny? Did you guys are a couple now?

That question took Linny by surprise. Huh? Why would he ask that? Why would he even care?

- No, Matthew. We are just friends. Linus came to help me with some research because Amy is overprotective and she didn't like me doing it by myself. 

Zach intervened.

- We could have helped you. We don't have as many appointments as Amy.

- You still have the sound check, a photo shoot and a meet and greet with the fans, don't you? and let's not forget about the actual concert. You are way too busy.

- We still have the morning free, we could have gone with you.

- And make the paparazzi follow me around? C'mon Zach, why would you even want to go. It'll be boring. Nothing as exciting as what you guys are used to doing.

- And what is that?

Linny thought about it for a couple of seconds before replying.

- Don't you usually sleep until late and then play video games?

Matthew laughed, nodding his head. It was true enough. If they didn't have to wake up early, they didn't, and he wasn't afraid to admit that he was kind of addicted to video games. This conversations seemed to amused both him and Linus, who listened with interest.