Strange meets weird

© asat3683

Strange meets weird - Chapter 1

Linny was a typical teenage girl. Her parents still lived together, although their fights were frequent. She had a set of very close friends, and even though she wasn't the most popular girl at school, everyone was nice to her. She didn't have enemies and her biggest problems involved homework and dealing with overprotective parents.

Then, one day, everything changed. She was at home alone, watching tv, when she received a call from grandmother. She was calling from the hospital and telling her that one of her uncles would pick her up to bring her there. She wouldn't go into any details just that her parents had had a car accident and they were taken to the nearest hospital.

When she arrived to the emergency room, everything seemed chaotic. Her father had some injuries but it was her mother who had been most severely affected. A drunk driver had hit them on the passenger side and the odds of her mother surviving were slim to none. She felt the hugs of her uncle and aunts. She held her grandmothers' hands. She was there in body, but her mind was off. She couldn't register what had happened and her emotions were too chaotic so she couldn't even cry. That is until a doctor came in and delivered the ill fated news. Then she cried a river and then some more.

The years had passed and Linny had once again found some kind of routine. She still had nightmares about her fights with her mom – how she regretted ever yelling at her - and of course, nightmares about the car accident that she hadn't witnessed but that she couldn't stop imagining.

Her relationship with her dad had deteriorated. He became melancholic, and it was hard to talk to him. To make matters even worse, she couldn't avoid blaming him for what happened. She knew that the drunk driver was the true guilty person, but she couldn't stop blaming her father too. Irrational, perhaps, but she knew he blamed himself too. She felt guilty for these feelings, and just seeing him brought her pain.

When she was 25, she finally moved out to an apartment with her best friend Amy. They both had good jobs, so their place was nice and comfortable. Linny was trying to put her past behind and start fresh.