Ch. 32 Talk to Him

"Please talk to me," James pleaded as tears filled my eyes.

"I killed him," I cried as James looked at me with concern. "I can't explain why but I thought I could save him. I cared deeply about him."

"I understand, I thought for a while I might have to kill you," James said holding my hand.

"I killed so many people, innocent people," I said softly the guilt weighing on me. I looked down unable to look him in the eyes. He tilted my chin up making me look at him.

"Chrys, this isn't your fault. Grace and Lake killed a lot of people and their darkness is what killed those people not you," James said firmly as he wiped the tear off my cheek. "You are good Chrystal and you saved us all!" I took a breath calming down briefly before I thought about my dad. The question I had been dreading needed to be asked now. I didn't want to know if he died.

"James, what about my dad?" I asked as he looked confused.

"Last time I saw him he was hurt," I choked out as James gripped my hand. He smiled at me before responding.

"Brad is fine, a little confused seeing your mom alive, but fine," James said as I pulled him into the bed. James smirked as I curled up against him. He held me in his arms soothing my pain. After a while I drifted to sleep.

I woke with James still holding me in his arms. His blue eyes were fixed on my face. I sat up looking at him.

"I want to see my family. Come with me?" I asked as he nodded. He held my hand as we teleported to my dad's home. I stood bruised and scraped before my parents. My mom's eyes laced with concern as my father rushed to hug me.

"Chrystal," my dad said as I wrapped my arms around him.

"It's over," I told them as he looked me over. "Lake and Grace are dead."

"Chrystal, I want you to move in with us," my dad said as I looked between my mom and dad. I saw her wedding ring securely on her finger.

"Can James too?" I asked him not wanting to be away from James any longer.

"Yes we would love to have him," my mom said walking up to James. "I'm Helen Chrystal's mom." She shook James's hand.

"James, we should talk," my father said standing next to his wife. "She's my girl and if you hurt her I will bring down the full force of the hunters. Are we clear?"

"Yes sir," James said sheepishly.

"Dad!" I whined crossing my arms.

"I'm your father, it is my right to threaten him," my dad responded. My mom laughed shaking her head.

"Boys," she whispered in my ear. My stomach rumbled as she looked at me. "Follow me." She sighed leading me to the kitchen. I sat at the kitchen table as she began making breakfast. She place blueberry pancakes before me with a whip cream smiley face.

"Mommy, pancakes," I cheered as she looked at me.

"Again?" She groaned as I jumped up and down.

"Pancakes!" I stated again. I ran around waiting for my pancakes. She put the plate on the table. I sat looking at my boring pancakes with a pout. "You did it wrong mommy."

"Oh," she smirked drawing the smiley face.

"You put a smiley face on it," I laughed taking a bite.

"You were quite insistent on the smiley face as a child," she said as I nodded.

"I still am," I smirked with a full mouth.

"Manners," she laughed. "You are worse than your father sometimes."

"What about me?" Dad asked entering the room.

"Nothing honey," my mom said pressing her lips to his briefly. James sat next to me as I stuffed my face. I finished my food quickly before getting to my feet. I took the plate to the sink cleaning the white surface. I put the dish down as James wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I love you," he whispered in my ear as I leaned back against him.

"I love you too," I smiled facing him. Our lips touched sending an electricity through my body. I draped my arms around him as his hands rested on my hips.

"Hey, hands off my daughter," my dad whined as I pulled away to stick my tongue out at him. I gasped as James got down on one knee.

"Chrystal, you are so strong and fearless. I knew that from the moment we met. Your strength drew me to you and made me brave, brave enough to break the rules and fall hopelessly in love with you. Our love overcame death itself. Chrystal you are all I want and all I will ever want. Chrystal Jones will you marry me?" James asked as my heart pounded in my ears. I looked at the stunning white gold ring as I jumped up at down.

"Yes, yes!" I squealed as he slipped the ring on. He stood as I pulled him in for a passionate kiss. He held me tightly careful not to hurt my already injured body. After a minute we pulled apart reluctantly as my mom rushed forward. She grabbed my left hand her eyes locked on the 3 carat square cut diamond ring with small diamonds around the big one.

"That's huge!" She said with widened eyes.

"I know," I said unable to look away from my ring. I glanced up at James our eyes locking. The attraction crackled between us as we gazed at each other the world fading away for a moment. My father babbled on about something to James just as my mom talked about things she wanted for the wedding. I pried my eyes away from James to focus on my mother. I was engaged to the greatest man I have ever known and he was all mine!