Ch. 5 Guardian

I stood in a stunning blue floor length silk gown with spaghetti straps. The dress was beautiful but all I could think about was that I am a prisoner. The hairdresser came pulling my hair up with pearls strung through my hair.

"How many people are coming tonight?" I asked her.

"A lot of people," she said standing before me.

"Thank you," I said dismissing her. I took one last look in the mirror before stepping out of my room. I froze finding a man waiting for me.

"Ma'am I am you guardian," he said as I nodded.

"Lovely," I said flatly turning and walking down the hall. My heels clicked on the hard floors as I reached the party. The doors swung open to reveal his most loyal. Sam was there and my blood began to boil. She was working with him all along. I put a smile on my face walking up to my father. Several people looked shocked that I just went up to him. I wrapped my arms around him in a quick huge before stepping to face everyone. I gave a wave as my father laughed.

"You look beautiful darling," he said putting his arm on my waist leading me from person to person.

"Thank you," I smiled as the guard followed behind us. He looked around constantly alert.

"Honey this is Hank, my top advisor," my father said as Hank took my hand bringing it to his lips.

"I so glad to finally meet you," he said as my father looked between us. I knew my father wanted us to get really close but the problem was Hank made me feel sick. I wasn't attracted to him at all.

"It's nice to meet you," I lied.

"Your father was right, you are perfect. Strong and beautiful filled with joy. I haven't felt joy in a long time," Hank said as I glanced at my father.

"Well I have every reason to be happy, I just found my father," I said firmly. "I have been looking for my real parents for a long time."

"Fate brought you back to me Chrystal," my father said.

"Yeah and I am grateful for everything you have given me," I said as the guardian grabbed my hand pulling me toward him quickly. "WHAT?!"

"Well well they weren't kidding when they said the great Drake has a weakness," a woman said her voice dripping with joy.

"Leave Freya before I make you," my father ordered as she laughed.

"You could try," she laughed running her fingers through her brown hair. I stayed in my guardian's arms fear rushing through me. I knew she wasn't good but what could she want with me. Wondered if it was to get my father to give his power to her?

"What do you want Freya?" He growled as she walked toward me.

"Pretty isn't she. Reeks of magic though so she must be powerful," Freya said reaching for me. My necklace roared to life hitting her with a jolt of magic. She gasped retracting her hand in frustration. "I promise you, that necklace won't protect you for long!"

"It won't have to, I will protect her," my guardian spat holding me tightly against his body.

"Silly boy, you don't have the strength to beat me," she said harshly as my father took me into his arms, tears slipping down my face.

"Freya leave or I will let him hurt you," my father said as my hand started to glow. This power was strong but calming to me. My heart slowed as Freya's eyes widened.

"That can't be real. This magic doesn't exist, it was lost long ago," Freya muttered as my father let go of me. I looked around the room as people got on their knees. They saw the strength in this magic and wanted to honor it. Freya's chocolate eyes were filled with fear. She was scared of me now. I waved my hand. The light hit her which caused her to fly across the room hitting the wall with a thud.

"Stay away from me," I said firmly unyielding. She got to her feet before using her magic to teleport away. The magic slowed inside me before coming to a stop. I took a step toward my guardian before my legs gave out. My guardian rushed forward catching me in his arms.

"I got you," he said softly helping me to my feet slowly but still supported my weight.

"James take her to her room," my father said softly.

"Yes sir," my guardian answered before he scooped me up. He walked quickly to my room as I looked into his icy blue eyes. He opened the door placing me on my bed gently.

"James," I said grabbing his arm.

"Yes Chrystal," he said sitting on the edge of the bed.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked fear hanging in the air. I was terrified of what I was turning into. I had no hesitation using the power on Freya even though it could have killed her. I was becoming a monster.

"The magic you just used is powerful and can only be handled by certain people. You were born to have this power and to change everything, it's your destiny," James said kindly. He wasn't like the rest of my father's men, he was kind and gentle. I wondered why he wanted to work for my father.

"Why was it so easy to use it? I never gave a second thought to using it when it could have killed her," I said as he looked at me.

"That magic doesn't even have a mean streak just as you don't. If she wasn't a threat to you the power would never have let you use it," James reassured me.

"Will you stay in the room? I'm just so tired," I said softly. "I haven't slept in a long time but I trust you to protect me. You can stay on the couch."

"Anything for you," he smiled taking a seat on the couch. I relax into the bed allowing sleep to swallow me and for the first time since this all started, my sleep was peaceful.