Chapter 50| Me and You

I was never the person to actually doubt someone when they made a promise to me - okay, that's a lie

I was never the person to actually doubt someone when they made a promise to me - okay, that's a lie. I am completely hesitant on trusting people due to my lovely history, but when they never gave me a reason on why I shouldn't then it's much easier to have less doubt than I usually do. I wanted to give people chances, the problem is... whenever I gave them one they took it as a sign of weakness. That it's perfectly okay to do wrong on their part, just because I gave too much loyalty.

Whenever I trusted someone it just didn't end up good, from my mother, to my rebellious cousin, all the way down to my ex fiancé, I guess you could now say. But the thing is... I am not someone that just easily decides on why I shouldn't trust someone if they were running late or having to decline because they actually had to work late at their job. Mishaps occur and I am understanding of that, it's just when the situation becomes extreme or matters to me is when I get upset. Like when someone plans something with me, then purposely stands me up.

Or they don't take it seriously enough to understand my sadness. I was used to that. The mistreatment, the lying, the nonchalant replies when I wanted to talk about things. Because that's what I always got. So you could imagine the look on my face once Zayn actually came back on time from wherever he left to go to, waiting for me in the foyer while on the phone.

I walked down the last step meeting him in front of the kitchen with my arms crossed, he looked down at me with confusion before telling the person on the phone he had to go and to not forget some plans. He tossed the phone onto the counter while looking at me, glancing down at my very casual outfit. My eyes followed his towards my off-white converse, and very comfortable jeans light washed jeans. I looked back at him and sighed to myself, unfolding my arms.

"Huh." I said loud in thought, walking around him, the counter and the stools to get to the refrigerator.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

I grabbed a pitcher of juice while also grabbing a cup that was lucky enough for me, right beside the sink. I rinsed it out throughly before turning around and pouring the glass.

"Nothing." I shrugged, before taking a sip. "I just didn't think you were..." I trailed off.

Zayn was sometimes unpredictable, I didn't exactly want to start anything

"Serious?" He raised an eyebrow.

"That's the word for it." I nodded before taking another sip, this time larger than the first. "You always seemed busy back in jersey, so I didn't think you were actually serious about this." I quickly explained.

He thought about it for a moment, leaning back to capture a full look at me. He sighed before walking away into the living room. I frowned before I heard scratching against the hardwood floors, Zayn walk from around the corner with a chair. He pushed it up against the counter before sitting down, facing me with a unknowing look in his eyes.