Chapter 36| Back at you

After what seemed to be a while in the shower, I emerged with a new sense of happiness and energy that appeared out of thin air

After what seemed to be a while in the shower, I emerged with a new sense of happiness and energy that appeared out of thin air. My problems didn't disappear in the span of an hour and neither did my mind, but I allowed myself to be free of all of that tonight. I was going to need a clear head if I was going to have to deal with my mother and all that would probably take a lot out of me, so I guess this was a way of relieving my stress. But I would never admit that to Zayn, he didn't need to know every detail of my life especially when he knew so much already. At one point I felt completely intimidated, frightened that someone could know so much about me without even being in my presence and yet now I'm used to it. As shameful as that is, I felt like it was a gain for him to know a lot about me. I'm not sure if he's been studying me for a while, just to capture all the essences of my personality. He probably knows when I'm lying, when I'm telling the truth and when something is wrong but I'm too anxious to even bring it up. Which would suck my part but hopefully the acts of sinful bonding was able to cover up any bad news or secrets that I might or might not have heard, but my guess was that it was pretty much hidden at this point. But god only knows for how long...

I turned on the knobs, shutting the water and stepping out onto the soft cotton rug that met my feet at the glass to dry my feet. My prints from earlier barely there, showing that it wasn't that long ago but I still took way too long and I knew that was going to cause a bunch of whining from everyone in the house. I mean it's not like it's my mother's event or anything, she wouldn't start it without all of the family there and that means everyone had to wait in a long line at the gate before being allowed entry. I could go to Alaska for a week and come back to the gala being placed on hold just until I came back into this damned state but in other words, we had all the time in the world. This time I didn't bother checking the mirror, bypassing that and grabbing the undergarments I picked up the first shower to wear underneath whatever I was going to find in that closet. The special silk underwear which I assumed was highly expensive rose up my butt more than any other underwear I've worn, fitting perfectly and allowing Zayn's special eating place to feel good as I walked around. The black underwear looking more elegant but still undeniably sexy as I placed the garters on the attachment piece, snapping them and adjusting the latches made the matching sheer stockings seem just plain sinful.

I opened the door of the bathroom, walking out to seeing Helga dusting in the corner of the room. That didn't stop me from pausing in my tracks, the giant black box on the bed stopped me. Helga seemed to notice the change of atmosphere, turning around to face me with a warm smile. My eyes not leaving the box, I pointed towards it as I could feel myself hoping no one was in it like my dog the last time.

"What's that, Helga?" My voice shaking more than my hand, as I stood in my exact place.

She caught onto my nervousness, placing down her equipment and wiping her hands before walking over towards me. "It's a gift from Mr. Malik, don't worry. Anything from outside the house that's not signed by Zayn himself isn't allowed to be around you or anyone else." She encouraged me. "Go on, open it child."