Chapter 49| When in rome

The flight heading to Italy was completely long and overdue, I spent majority of my time reading a small book that a guard working for Zayn picked up for me in a cheap library that was connected to the airport

The flight heading to Italy was completely long and overdue, I spent majority of my time reading a small book that a guard working for Zayn picked up for me in a cheap library that was connected to the airport. He was quite upset that I wanted an actual library than a bookstore bought novel, but it just wasn't the same. It was the reason I would've been fine traveling by myself on a commercial flight, but he insisted that I should be traveling under his security. Of course he failed to mention that he had access to more than one private jet.

I didn't even bother hesitating cause it was either his way or the high way and right now I wasn't in the mood for arguing with him. Especially since his presence was something I craved more than ever at the moment. He was a force that I never knew I needed in my life, and now that he was miles away. It basically sucked not having him around, so I quickly packed all of the important essentials I would need. There wasn't enough time to fully go over what I should've been taking and what needed to be left behind, if there was something I needed there, I could just get it.

I used to be obsessed with having control over my life, wanting everything to be perfect so it wouldn't be destroyed. But the more I did it, the more everything seemed to crumble in my hands. I didn't want that anymore, I wanted to be careless again. And it was funny I only got that when I was with him, I needed my dynamite back for all of the right reasons. His friendship meant a lot to me now, and I know it meant something to him. Whether he was vocal about it or not, he was appreciative of me.

I looked around the airport in awe of everything, the difference from here and back home were amazing. This place was more quiet than any working station I knew, it was still noisy but not like it was back in America. I almost felt out of place, like I wasn't meant to be here at all. The people walking around cheerful, being in their own world and not using any force of negativity, it was like a parallel universe.

"So, you made it."

I turned around sharply, looking for the voice that just spoke to me until Michael came into my view looking slightly bored as he sat in a seat, I straightened up.

"Yep, unless I am just a mysterious look alike that Ryder paid to come in her place so she wouldn't have to come on this trip." I replied sarcastically, picking up the bags I carried with me on the plane. "I'm surprised you came to pick me up, to be honest."

He didn't bother replying, just looking me over for a second and then taking a look at the guard behind me. He told him a command in another language while nodding his head past him, the guard nodded as he left with my bags in his hands.

"Come on, don't wanna keep him or the pilot waiting." He finally said to me, walking towards another gate passing airport security. "God knows I don't feel like hearing him complain that we're late."