Chapter 21|Realization

The next morning I woke up to Denzel being in my room, alongside Michael as Denzel tried changing my IV bag

Both of them were equally hard and amazingly beautiful. I could see harsh lines on their face, knowing instantly they've been through some shit. And it wasn't a brainer to know that was only because of what they probably had to witness, yet their looks still displayed heavily. I couldn't see a reason why Taylor wasn't fond of Michael, it was extraordinary to see the way a man could carry himself. I know that mainly from Zayn, I've seen most that he's been through and yet wondered how he was still so tragically stunning. It was a damper on things, especially the times were he showed his nice ways in a twisted gesture.

But as much as I have come to see the beauty that laid among the members in this house, even N'dra and I didn't think we could ever get along. I still found her incredibly poise and extravagant, she was exotic and completely owned her looks. And that's why I was sure that Zayn kept her around, I knew they had to be a thing otherwise it wouldn't have made sense for her to be cautious of me.

"Thanks." I say, after Denzel finished hooking me into a new IV. I dropped my arm, moving back into a comfortable spot as he cleaned his hands. "Where is Dr. Murphy?" I asked, looking confused.

Denzel looked back at Michael before shrugging. "He went out on a errand, I guess." I knew that errands were never actually errands around here, that was just a simply code for mind your business, bitch.

I nodded, closing my eyes and resting my head against the pillow.

"You're bad ass."

I opened my eyes, seeing Denzel sit down on the floor with a sly smirk on his face. I frowned up in confusion until he nodded towards my arm, I snorted laying my head back down.

"Thanks." I said in a monotone voice, it was still a bit surreal. It was dawning on me that I really got shot last night, caused a few cars to explode and somehow I ended up surviving it all.

"Not even Taylor has gotten shot yet, and she's been in this for a while." Denzel laughed while Michael glared at him with a dark look. "It's a fact."

Zayn walked in, looking at everyone in the room before his eyes landed on me. I laid motionless, while looking back at him as he held the door open.

"Y'all two, out."

And with that Denzel and Michael walked out, Michael walked past Zayn while giving him a very specific look. Zayn closed the door on him before he was fully out, locking it and walking around the bed and searching through his drawers.

I stayed in the direction of the wall, not bothering to turn and look him in the face. I wasn't intending on being childish, but after last night our actions made me skeptical of being around him. It wasn't normal for me to be this way, I didn't want to be that person who kisses someone and wondered anything from it.