Chapter 7 | His Talent

I winced at the punches being thrown between the two fighters currently on the ring, I honestly wanted to remember their names. But the trauma of them slamming each other and going non-stop until someone taps out or goes unconscious was settled in my mind. I don't even think I was able to remember my name at the moment, it was all too much.

And I had front row seats, so I could literally hear the punches being thrown or the groans of men who got hurt so badly that you could hear bones crack. It was more than awful, I don't know how many times I made an excuse to go somewhere just so I wouldn't see anything. But I finally made my 100th exit, going to the food stand this time.

I stood in line, waiting alongside the cart and watching as people rushed in excitedly. It was all interesting, I could overhear people begging to get season tickets. Ha, can't be me...

The line moved up and I stepped forward until a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I gasped, tugging at them before spinning around.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I shouted, before realizing it was just Ben. I sighed in relief before pulling him towards me. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine." He chuckled before pulling back. examining my face. "You okay?"

"I'm just at a random place that involves illegal fighting and drunk men making bids on the matches, they also want to grind on girls." I stated before looking around. "It's just weird to me, I've partied before. But I don't think I was ever into underground fight clubs."

"It's not a fight club." Ben said offended.

I rolled my eyes, turning back around and ordering my food. Once she took my order, I faced him again. "It doesn't matter, why you even here? I didn't know you liked this type of stuff."

"Yeah, Mac called and told me what was going on. She gave me an invite, we come once every blue moon." Ben said, reaching over and grabbing a few nachos off my plastic container.

"Mckenzie?" I asked confused, throwing a few bucks down before walking away. "I didn't know you two hung out, other than parties."

He shrugged, pulling me towards him. We squeezed me a few times before letting go.

"I'll see you after."

He jogged off before I could say anything else, I shrugged it off and headed back inside the arena. People were screaming their heads off as that fight had finished, it was going onto the sixth fight. I plopped back down in my seat, looking as the announcer walked back onto the stage.

I could smell the lingering aroma of marijuana in the air, people were definitely kicking back at this opportunity. It was so strong, I was almost certain it would get onto my clothes and I would reek of it. Not that it had a bad smell, I just didn't wanna have to deal with explanations if I ran into anybody.

It was almost like the expensive type that you get from different countries that are basically  banned from ever entering the US because of the harsh chemicals and what  it does to people.

This wasn't like no regular underground fighting club to come and chill for a night out.  This was almost a club made entirely for harsh, hard core getting fucked  up and making bids on fights, the type if you wanted to be completely wasted and run around naked and not having anyone judge you? This was the place to be.

I would hear about this club on the news when I visited at times.  These events would get so crazy endless people would leave in hand cuffs.

Ever seen the movie "Project X"? Well that didn't come as half even close as this and that was just a movie but this was the real thing.