Chapter Phi

Chapter Phi

Epsilon snapped out his second wrist blade and jumped in front of his group. He quickly raised an arm to block an attack and heard the sound of steel on steel. He jumped up, pushing off of Jeff's arm, into the air up and over Twoface. He sliced at Jeff's forearm blade, cutting it clean in half.

Epsilon and the destroyed blade fell to the ground at the same time. Epsilon heard a rush of air and a glint of steel in front of him. Before he could react however, he felt himself being pushed backwards. The next thing he knew, his vision was engulfed in a green fog and the next thing he saw was Jeff's angry face.

"Forget I have eyes," Jeff started.

"In the back of my head?" Carl finished.

"Enough talk!" Epsilon yelled and charged at the pair. Several steps before he reached them however, he saw Jeff raise his a with out the blade and bring it down with a snap. Before Epsilon could move, a large wall rose up blocking him from Twoface. Several seconds later, the wall exploded. Epsilon dove to the side and through a portal. The next thing he knew, he was falling. He felt himself being propelled down and positioned his body and sliced a small section of Carl's arm and fell back through another portal.

Carl grabbed his arm and compressed the wound to stop the bleeding. The Titans sneered at Twoface. Carl's arm started to smoke before the wound cauterized closed. Before the Titans could blink, they fell through a black vapor at their feet and reappeared in the middle of the Titans.

Before the Titans could react, Jeff and Carl each spread out their arms. Abruptly, all of the Titans flew across the street. Beta and Epsilon were the first two to recover. Epsilon sprinted at Twoface and felt Beta propel him even faster. He dove forward, aiming for Twoface's midsection. At the last second, they jumped backwards and out of the way.

Epsilon dug his blade into the concrete using that to flip back onto his feet. Suddenly, Jeff and Carl became incased in a small box of concrete. The box then fell back into the ground and disappeared. Beta and Epsilon looked over to see Alpha standing there, arms raised. He turned around and went over to Gamma, who was still trying to get to her feet.

They all walked closer to the circle where Twoface had disappeared, ready for anything. Twoface had all of their own powers and ones that they don't know already so they had to be ready for anything with them.

With out warning, the ground exploded. Epsilon shielded his face with his forearm and felt several rocks and bits of gravel bouncing off a metal railing on his arm. He put his arm down and noticed a smoking hole in the ground. Epsilon slowly advanced towards the fissure cautiously.

The next thing he saw was a glint of steel. He saw Carl jump out of the crater with a fist extended, pointed at Epsilon. He jumped back, barely dodging the attack. He felt a searing pain as he realized he didn't dodge the attack. He looked down and noticed a large, deep gash starting on the top of his shoulder and ending on the middle of his forearm where his wrist blade started. Before he could react, he saw Carl swung his other arm at Epsilon. Epsilon couldn't act in time and braced himself.

They both heard a rush of wind break the air. A second later, Carl's blade fell off his arm. Carl swung his fist in front of Epsilon's face, minus the wrist blade. They both looked over to see Gamma standing holding the tip of a knife in one hand. A small portal opened up a few feet in front of her and a second blade fell out and Gamma caught it on the tip.

Epsilon looked over with a surprised look that matched Carl's. Alpha and Beta looked over shocked. Even Jeff turned his head in astonishment.

"What the," Carl and Jeff both started at the same time. They didn't have a chance to finish their sentence. A second later, Gamma threw both of her knifes again. They spun around twice before slicing off the remaining two blades attached to Jeff and Carl's forearm. Before they had a chance to hit the ground, two small portals opened in front of Gamma and the same two knifes dropped into her hands.

They both looked from Gamma to the ground and then back to Gamma with a mix of anger and surprise in their eyes.

"Well, it seems we have," Carl started

"Underestimated our opponents," Jeff finished.

"However, they are not invincible," Carl said, looking over at Epsilons wound on his arm. The corner of Epsilon's lip rose in a smile, as if he knew something they didn't.

"Well, your right about one thing," Epsilon started, still with his hand over his injury. His smile widened almost into a sneer as he removed his hand. Jeff and Carl watched in amazement as the skin, in front of their very eyes, slowly crawled together over the gaping hole in his arm. It reconnected on the other side and stitched itself together. Within a matter of seconds, the skin had healed itself over and smoothed out.

"You have underestimated us."