Chapter Alpha *New*

So, i am sorry but i have been off the watt for some time and i feel bad. I'll try to get back on and read and comment on as many stories as i can. Thank you all for the comments and messages and recommendations.

I have decided to redo the TItan's part one so i can add the Titanomachy second part to the end and make it a finished novel. Let me know what you guys think of the new beginning, any recommendations or things i should add, give me a shout, i really like your guys opinions.

Chapter Α (Alpha)

The soft rhythm of the man's own footsteps were the only sounds that could be heard through out the room around him. It was so quiet that he could just faintly hear his own heartbeat through his chest. He listened for a moment, pushing the dirty blond shaggy hair away from his ears. Instantly he heard a low hum of power as a soft blue light filled the room. Just enough to allow the man to see a few feet in any direction. His eyes quickly adjusted, not they had needed to. He could effectively see in the dark or low light.

The light had illuminated the tattoo his hand. In the bottom left corner of his right hand was a small triangle with a horizontal line through the middle of it, resembling an A. The man knew that stood for the Greek letter Alpha, his self-proclaimed name. Alpha couldn't remember exactly how he had gotten the tattoo; he had had it for as long as he could remember. It had become a part of him, his entire identity.

He lights flickered again and flooding the entire room in a bright light. Alpha saw a man standing in front of him, with a small pipe in hand and a crazed look in his eye. His hair was ruffled and his clothes were torn. He had probably not slept in days. He stared at Alpha, trying to realize what he was seeing. Alpha just stared back into the wild red bloodstained eyes. He was a few inches taller than Alpha but a lot scrawnier. He looked like he hadn't eaten in a while. Alpha reasoned if he got violent, he could overpower him.

And that's exactly what the man did. His eyes widened with hope and a faint glow of a crazed smile. Alpha knew that man had absolutely nothing left to lose while he had everything to gain. He knew that if he overpowered Alpha, he would be able to eat again, be able to sleep, be able to live or the equivalent of such in his condition.

Alpha watched as the mad man's feet begin to slowly drag along the floor in his direction, slowly picking up speed before it became a run. He raised the pipe in front of him and ran, cackling mad incoherent words. Alpha just stood his ground. At the last possible second, he held his hand out to his side. A bright yellow light filled the palm of his hand and started to grow as he manipulated the molecules in the air to form a long metal staff. The light faded and Alpha swung the staff with both hands, in an arcing horizontal motion. The staff broke the pipe into several small pieces before dropping and scattering to the floor below. The madman only had a moment to realize what had happened before the staff spun again, connecting and shattering all of his ribs. The man didn't have time for the injury to travel to his mind to be acknowledged and recognized as pain before the staff connected with his face, knocking him to the cold floor below. He was dead before the reflexes in his eyes could even shut. He left the body and walked forward through the room.

He walked for several paces before he stopped and waited, listening rather than looking. He heard a soft noise behind a wall in front of him, something nearly perfectly silent, but not hushed enough. It was a soft heartbeat, beating rapidly. He closed his eyes, trying to listen harder. He soon realized it wasn't a rapid heartbeat but rather two. Each on opposite sides of the entrance wall in front of him. The heartbeat was so loud that he could barley hear their frantic breathing, rapidly increasing. They appeared to be waiting for Alpha, hoping to catch him off guard. Alpha almost chuckled to himself at the thought. He stepped forward to approach the threat when he felt a hand on his shoulder, pulling him back.