Chapter Α (Alpha)

Chapter Α (Alpha)

Alpha turned as he heard a scream to his left. He saw a man running at him with a make shift spear. A serge of adrenaline shot through his body as Alpha raised his fists, prepared to fight to the death. Then suddenly out of nowhere the man grabbed his chest and fell over, lying dead in a pool of his own blood.

"Come on Epsilon," the man named Alpha said to thin air. "I had that one." Then in the space his statement was directed to, a teenager, no older then 16, slowly appeared. He appeared to be the same age as Alpha. He was tall, well built with brown hair and green eyes. He sported a jumpsuit with a big E on the front. He had a blade on each arm, extending out a few inches past his fingertips.

"Got to be quicker then that," he said with a small smile then disappearing again, a few seconds later two more figured dropped to their death in the same way.

"He's right, your too slow," said a small girl in the corner of the room. Her arm was outstretched and she was doing some crazy dance with her fingers. A few feet in front of her was another man being held in the air as if he was on invisible strings. Alpha didn't have time to focus on that because just then two more attackers ran for him. Looking around he found the make shift spear. He picked it up and broke it in half. There was a glow of green light and both halves of the spear became thin, sharp javelins. He threw both at the same time and they both hit each attacker in the chest and they went down. Mean while the girl on the other side of the room extended her arm and at the same time the man being suspended in the air flew across the room into a hazy circular mist floating a few feet away. He went through the mist and didn't come out the other side. Just then a girl with long black hair jumped out of the haze and dusted off her hands. She looked around the room and saw only four people standing, everyone one else was too wounded to stand. Then a voice boomed out of an intercom.

"Experiment terminated."

* * * * *

"Good job today everyone, A little slow and sloppy but other then that good." Alpha said to the three people sitting in the room. Epsilon was sitting over in the cornor of their four walled cell, sharpening the duel blades on his wrists. There were two girls sitting over on the other side of the cell. The first girl was short and had long brown hair and a B on the front of her shirt, short for Beta. The other girl had shoulder length dark black hair and a G on her shirt, her name was Gamma. Since Alpha's speech the only sound was the sound of the blades sharpening. This is how its always been. They were created, as some sort of human weapon project. None of them knew their real names, pasts, or families. They had all been erased and replaced with these. There names were from the Greek Alphabet and they all wore jumpsuits with there names on them so they could be told apart. Day after day they were put through tests to see how they would preform. Most of the time it was fights between other experiments and other human weapons. Their team rarely lost, they were the best of the best. They were strong and very close. Although they don't know their original families they consider themselves as a family. After every battle they were brought back to a cell with four high stone walls and a bolted door. They rarely talked much after a battle, everyone was dealing with it their own way. It was Epsilon who broke the silence.

"I say we get out of this place," he said, his statement echoing around the small cell. The ring didn't have time to die out before the response was heard.

"WHAT?" Gamma and Alpha said at the same time staring at Epsilon as if he had gone mad, and what his statement was suggested that he may have very well gone mad.

"He's right," Beta said. "We can't spend the rest of our lives here."

"But if you haven't noticed, were trapped here," Alpha said, pointing at the bolted door.