Chapter Sigma

Chapter Sigma

"And," Heart paused for a second before continuing. "You know the rest." Heart said ending her story. Omega just sat there for a second, pondering it over.

They were sitting at a small table with only two chairs, outside a small restaurant. They each had large white mugs in front of them, each filled to the brim with untouched coffee.

Omega only sat there, in silence, going though the details from Heart's story. He swirled his cold coffee for a second and then took a sip. He quickly stopped the drink once realized the temperature was so low.

"So what does this mean," he finally asked.

"I don't know exactly," Heart responded. "I have no idea who Phoenix is."

"He sounds like another one of us," Omega replied.

"With our data," Heart replied. "That guy put all our research and data into Phoenix. It has all our powers."

"And apparently, all the Titans powers," Omega said, Heart nodded.

"We need to find Diamond and the others," Heart added. "Where ever they are."

"I'm sure they'll turn up," Omega replied. "Why did you stick around with Diamond anyway?"

"As much as I didn't want to. I knew his rage for you and that he would be searching for you so I figured if I stayed with him long enough that I would eventually find you," Heart said with a small smile, which Omega returned.

"We never did finish that conversation." He said mysteriously.

Suddenly there was a scream and an explosion sounding somewhere behind them. Everyone screamed and turned to that direction, except for Omega. He just turned in his chair nonchalantly.

"See, what did I tell you." He said casually draining his coffee mug. "I told you they would turn up."

* * *

Epsilon for the third time in a row woke up with every muscle in his body aching. He slowly pushed himself up, knocking over debris. He looked up to see a familiar face.

"I leave you guys alone for one minute," Omega said smiling. He extended an arm and Epsilon took it. He felt himself being effortlessly pulled to his feet. Omega put an arm around his shoulder to steady Epsilon.

"Titans," He coughed out. "Report!"

He looked around the room and saw Alpha slowly stand up, Gamma quickly following. Epsilon spotted Beta and hobbled over to her, bending down to help her to her feet.

"All good," Alpha said. Gamma just waved a hand in the air, signaling she was all right. Epsilon looked down at Beta, she nodded. She had several small cuts that were slowly starting to heal over in front of his eyes.

Epsilon looked around to view his surroundings. He was in what appeared to be a small dance club. Several people stared at them dumbstruck from the sides of the dance floor. It seemed very bright for a dance club but that was owing to the fact that the ceiling had been blown off in the explosion.

Epsilon looked over at Gamma and shrugged, ask if to ask why here. She just shrugged back.

"I couldn't think of another place under that kind of pressure," she responded. Gamma noticed that her usual dance club was brighter than normal. She looked up and located the source of the light. The entire ceiling had collapsed. The edges of the roof were charred and some still burning. She figured part of the explosion had traveled though her portal and burned the roof.

"Uh," she began. "Whoops?" she said holding out her arms and shrugging her shoulders. Gamma raised her arms and a bright green mist covered the floor where the Titans, Omega, and Heart were standing. They all fell though and landed in their house.

The door opened and then slammed shut a few seconds later. Heart suddenly had several boxes of pizzas. She placed them on a table in the middle of the room.

"I thought I could at least buy you pizza," she said. "It's the least I can do after attacking you the other day."

The Titans didn't even wait for her to finish. They greedily attacked the boxes, each grabbing several slices. They hadn't eaten anything since the day before yesterday.

"What kind is this?" Gamma asked, already on her second slice.

"Authentic Chicago style," Heart replied.

"Where did you ever find authentic Chicago pizza?" Alpha asked.

"Chicago," Heart casually responded. No one questioned it. They just nodded and kept eating.

"Pizza heals all wounds," Gamma said and all was forgiven.

Once all the pizzas were gone, which didn't take long, they all sat and told each other what they figured out. Heart recounted what she had told Omega and everything she knew. The Titans explained everything Miles and the Director had told them.

Once they arrived at the part where they met Twoface and his real personality, Omega and Heart gasped in shock.

"Jeff and Carl are Project Phoenix?" Omega said shocked.

"Looks that way," Alpha said looking up from his work. He was bent over, working on reconstructing Epsilon's wrist blade. He held it up and studied it in the light. The sun caught it and shined directly in his eyes. He closed his eyes and looked away. He and Epsilon exchanged looks.

"Maybe if you take better care of your things then I wouldn't have to fix them for you," Alpha said gliding his hand over the entire blade as a large yellow light emitted from his palm.

"So back to Phoenix," Heart said. "All the data from our research went into his creation, so does that mean he possesses all our powers?"

"Unfortunately, all and more," Beta said.

"Well we have to take care of this," Epsilon said.

"First we have to find him," Gamma said. Suddenly the phone rang. Alpha was the closest to it.

"Yeah?" he said finishing Epsilons blade and putting it on his lap.

"Oh, Trevor, its you. Great." A familiar voice sounded though the speaker.

"Hey Jake," Alpha said. "What can I do for you?"

"Just wanted to call and say how happy I am with the replacements you sent," Jake said, sounding very pleased.

"Replacements?" Alpha asked. He looked at a clock on the wall and noticed it said 7:30pm. Then he remembered the day was Thursday. His eyes grew wide.

"Yeah, the tall man with the two faces."