Chapter Gamma *New*

Yes i realize these chapters are very short. I am just blazing through a first draft and feel like uploading this now. I'll make them longer on my final draft.

Chapter Gamma

Epsilon dove out of the way, rolling once he hit the ground. A millisecond later, the table that was behind Epsilon had sliced cleanly in half. He rolled to his feet and got back up.

Epsilon stood his ground, slowly watching the kid. He was short; shorter than Epsilon but barely taller than Gamma. Epsilon pegged him at about thirteen years of age, probably not much older. He had the same shaggy hair as Epsilon but it was dark black and a tad bit longer. His dark eyes showed no fear. Epsilon knew he wasn't going out with out a fight.

Epsilon could see the kid sizing him up. His dark eyes staring straight ahead ever alert. Epsilon couldn't imagine what was going on in his mind; the kid's poker face gave away no emotion.

Suddenly and without warning, he raised his hand again, snapping his fingers and slashing though the air in a diagonal motion. Epsilon dove quickly to the side, but wasn't fast enough. The corner of his jacket suddenly disconnecting from the rest of the jacket, cut by some invisible force. Epsilon rolled out of the way and jumped back up, slowly vanishing from sight.

He could see the boy's eyes move around the room for any sign of moment. His ears picking up on every noise, footstep, or sound that would indicate Epsilon's position.

"Crap, and I thought we were tough," Epsilon thought to himself. The child's power alone was stronger than anything Epsilon or his team had ever faced. He could only assume at this point but it looked as if he could cut though something psychically or move something just by snapping his fingers. Epsilon didn't know if that was the extent of his powers but he wasn't letting his guard down until he was sure.

He had been very well trained. More so perhaps than the Titans. He was smart; he seemed to be mapping out a plan in his head now. He seemed fully capable to handle any situation that came his way. He was confident. He didn't back down when he saw Epsilon, he wasn't afraid. On the contrary, Epsilon couldn't tell who had the most fear when they both met. He was quick, almost as fast as Epsilon.

For the first time in as long as he could remember, Epsilon was scared. Mostly of the unknown damage this kid could cause. He had no idea what he was capable of. Mostly before any fight or any other time when he would be in this situation, he would be briefed on his opponent's skills and abilities. He had gotten soft and lazy. He had relied on everyone to tell him what to do and now he was in a sink or swim situation, and Epsilon was in unfriendly waters.

He slowly circled his opponent, sizing him up and figuring out the best technique to end this fight as best as possible. In his mind, there was only one scenario that he could think of to end this conflict.

"Wait!" Epsilon called out several paces to the right of where he disappeared before. The kid's head shot over, eyes piercing his gaze. He snapped his fingers again, slicing through the air in front of Epsilon. He dove to the side again. A large gaping hole appeared the wall behind where Epsilon had stood only moments ago.

"Stop!" Epsilon cried out again holding up his hands in surrender. The kid raised his arm again but stopped at the last second, waiting for Epsilon but not dropping his guard. He looked at Epsilon inquisitively, wondering if he had gone crazy.

"What?" The kid called back. He had a higher voice than Epsilon expected but probably normal for a person his age. Epsilon was taken aback for a second but quickly recovered.

"We don't have to fight," Epsilon stated. The kid cocked his head in confusion.

"That's all we know," he replied. "Fighting is what we've been trained to do. It's programmed into our minds. It's a part of who we are. It's the only reason we exist."

"That's not true," Epsilon retorted.

"Well then, prove me wrong. What have we been built into?" He asked then answered his own question. "Human weapons. Designed to fight. Programmed to fight. That's who we are. If I were you, I would get that fact though my thick skull and hold on to it. Cause it's the truth."

"But we're still human. We still deserve the same lifestyle as anyone. "Shouldn't we be able to live the way we want to? Why should we be subjects in a cruel science experiment?" Epsilon asked.

"Don't ask me!