f i f t y s e v e n

"Okay, so, how come you live alone? I thought you said you lived with your parents?"

"I lied about living with them cause I didn't want you to ask, and they- they're in prison. They abused me for years." I say as if it's nothing, but really, it's bringing back all of the memories of everything they did to me. What Anthony did is nothing in comparison.

"Dan, oh my god, I-"

"Just hug me," I say, tears already in my eyes. He pulls me close, and we stay like that for a while. I don't want to let go. I've never felt close to someone before, and I don't want to lose it. "Please don't ever hurt me."

"Oh, no Dan! I'd never hurt you, you're my cute little bear. I love you, I just said that."

"But my parents said they loved me," I tell him, gripping him more. "They still hurt me."

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. Do you want to borrow some clothes to change in to?"

"P-please."

"C'mon." He says, taking my hand in his and leading me back to his bedroom, where he searches through his wardrobe and pulls out a t-shirt and some jeans that I know won't fit me, but I don't mind and hands them to me.

"Could I also have a jumper or something? I get cold easily." I ask when really it's not that cold, but I don't want him to see my arms. He cares too much and it doesn't matter.

"Sure," He pulls out a hoodie, adding that to the pile of clothes in my arms. "Sorry that everything's black." He apologises with an awkward laugh.

"It's fine, don't worry."

"Now, I'll leave so you can get changed." He says, walking out of the room.