t w e n t y o n e

The maths lesson ends with the teacher having to tell off Tommy for throwing a rock across the classroom, very nearly hitting my head, as that is where it was aimed at. I'm used to it all by now, the pain, both physical and mental, and yet people still think I'm perfectly fine. For some reason, the insult from Phil felt different. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. I felt it on a more personal level, and I can't get it out of my head. Phil Lester, the only person I don't hate, or didn't hate, spat an insult at me. I was just thinking we could be friends. 

Maybe I'm over thinking this, I do that a lot. Perhaps he didn't mean it, but he's a punk boy insulting me of all people, so I'm fairly certain he meant it. What was I thinking, talking to a punk? I'm not one to discriminate, but I sure do get discriminated against a lot. It's not personal, we have no personal connection, so it shouldn't feel so. I've gotten hurt by everyone who I thought cared, besides from one, why should this be any different?

I only now realise the tears, those tears that come so often. This time they're not empty tears. I shouldn't be crying, it happens all of the time. It wasn't even that bad of an insult, it's one I hear practically every day. 

"Dan?" Someone says softly from behind me, and it's the same voice that hurt me. I leg it, which isn't something I do often, being that I strongly dislike exercise, but with a choice between running or Phil, I pick running. I run out of breath quickly, due to my low amount of energy and I know exactly why that is. Somehow I managed to lose him, and I seat myself on a bench, head in hands, ignoring the sneers from people surrounding me. The tones of their voices are harsh and sickening, while Phils wasn't. He might've been joking, but he might've thought that the insult alone would offend me enough, so he didn't need a rude tone.

Yoooo short update!! I'm a little busy for the next week, so I don't know how much I'll be able to update, sorry! Might have some time every now and then so there may be a few tiny updates. I promise the pace of the story is gonna pick up a little soon.