f i f t y f o u r

IT'S NEARLY 3 AM FUCK!! (fan fic > sleep, though)

There's a knock at the door and Phil shouting "Dan? You in there?"

"Y-yeah, come in."

He bursts through the door, eyes immediately catching the sight of me, a mess, now with my hoodie back on though.

"What did he do to you?" He asks, the concern in his voice heartbreaking.

"I'll t-tell you later, he's not here anymore."

"Do you want me to take you home? Won't your parents be worried about you."

"I live alone, I assure you my p-parents won't give a damn."

"Wh- I- I'll ask you later, I'll take you to my flat. That way I can make sure you're okay."

"Th-thank you."

"Don't worry about it, I want you to be okay."

He wraps his arm around my waist and helps me back to his flat. It's not claustrophobic like it was with him, it's comforting and nice.

He helps me into his bedroom and lets me lay down in his bed, covering me in the black duvet.

"Comfortable?"

"Yes. Thank you, seriously. It's like, what? 8 pm?"

"Yeah, do you want food? A drink?"

"Could you get me some water?" And then my stomach growls, and I know I shouldn't, but I want to. "And maybe a little bit of food?"

"Sure, what do you want to eat?"

"Anything, I don't mind."

"Right, food and water coming right up for bear."

I lay my head on the pillow of the double bed, waiting for Phil to come back. A few minutes later and he walks in the room, glass of water and bowl of something in his hands.

"I don't have much food in at the moment, sorry, but I have loads of popcorn, so," He says, handing me a bowl of popcorn and placing the water on his bedside table. He walks back to the door of the room, about to leave, but I speak up.

"Wait,"

"Yeah?" He spins around.

"Could you stay? And, uh, c-c-c-udlle?" I ask, immediately regretting it, as I know he'll think it's stupid and turn me down.

"Sure, anything to make you happy."

He walks back, climbing into the other side of the double bed and wrapping an arm around my shoulder cautiously. I drink the water and eat the popcorn, feeling at peace with Phil's grip on me. I feel safe, something I haven't felt in years.

I turn to look him in the face shortly after, catching him looking at me. I don't mind. It's not like when he looked at me, it's nice. We're silent, just looking at each other, breathing heavily, and then I do something even more daring than asking to cuddle.

I lift my head slightly, because of the height difference, and place my lips on his, only briefly, before pulling away and blushing.