f i v e

I deleted the last chapter cause I hated it so if you read it then sorry.

TW (kinda)
My entire life I've wondered what it would be like to speak to someone who wasn't an asshole to me. I honestly though that Howell would be the kind of person who isn't like them, being alone too, but evidently, I was wrong.

Yesterday he was rude to me, despite being seemingly a good person. I think it's a good thing though, people like us aren't supposed to be friends. We're polar opposites, we should be enemies, and right now I hate him, so I guess that's how it always works out.

Dan is happy alone, it's something I know. I don't know a lot of things, but that is something I'm practically certain of. It's not often that you see the boy smile, only when he's laughing at something someone else in the classroom has said that made another pupil get angry, but when he smiles, fuck. I do not look at Dan during lessons, I'm straight and like I said, polar opposites, enemies, but I have glanced in his direction once or twice, and his smile. Anyone who isn't okay couldn't smile like that. His smile is the brightest thing I've ever seen, something only a pure person made up of complete happiness could have.

After all of the thoughts surpassing my mind, I realise the time and get out of bed, scrambling to my wardrobe to pick out my fully black outfit of the day. I pick out a black plaid shirt and a pair of jeans, along with my many piercings that I wear.

I edge further away from my flat, and further to school, bag on my back and other teenagers around me making their way to the school.

Oddly, when I reach the school, there's hardly anyone around, and then I hear a yell.

"YOU DESERVE IT, FAGGOT!" Someone shouts, and I run towards the sound.

When I arrive at the origin of where the noise came from, I find a crowd of probably every person currently in the school, not including teachers. The teachers don't care about anything really, nor do they plan to stop shit like this. I can't see what's going because of the crowd around it, blocking my vision of it, despite me being the height of 6"2. From what I can tell, someone is being beaten up.

Crack.

The sound of bone on bone is awful, loud enough to bring a halt to everyone else's bickering. People cheer. It's disgusting. Whoever is in there surely can't deserve this. If the only reason they're getting beat up is for being a 'faggot' then they don't 'deserve' it. Not that I'm a faggot, I'm just not a homophobe.

I run away. This shit is fucked up.