t h i r t y

I walk home with my head hung low, making sure not to attract the attention of anyone else around. I'm not in the mood for any bullshit.

"Hey, Danny."

Jinxed it. I roll my eyes and turn around to see who's stood behind me. Kian, of course.

"What do you want?" I ask him, trying not to let the fear show in my voice."

"Oh, don't worry, nothings going to happen... yet."

"Uh-"

"I just wanted to remind you that we haven't bothered you for a while, and it'll happen eventually." He says with an obnoxious smirk on his face, eyes filled with hatred. 

I run. Run back to my flat and hope he doesn't follow me because I'm 100% he's faster than me.

"YOU CAN RUN ALL YOU WANT, BUT IT'S STILL GONNA HAPPEN!" He shouts. I got a friend today, and I got a threat. Only one of those things have happened before today, and it's not the friend part.

At last, I reach my flat, completely out of breath, panting as I walk into my bedroom and flop onto the bed. Instantaneously, I pull out my phone, seeing that I've gotten a text from an unknown number.

hey, It's Phil!! 

hi

are you okay? You know, after that thing that happened at lunch

yeah, I'm fine now. I lie

I can't talk much now because ugh homework, but I just wanted to make sure u have my number. I'll c u tomorrow hopefully

okay, c u tomorrow

bye

He texted me. He asked if I was okay. I smile. I am happy.

That evening I eat a few pieces of bread for dinner. If I ate any more I'd be disgusted by myself. I also self-harm, not quite as much as most evenings, though. It's usually a cut for every time I think something bad about myself, which is a lot, but now the 'having no friends' thing is gone.