s i x t y f i v e

I put on a movie and sit next to a patiently waiting Dan on the sofa, wrapping my arm around his small frame and pulling him close to me. I can now say, that cuddling Dan, is most certainly my favourite thing ever. He's just the perfect size, not tall, but not so short that I squish him. And he cuddles back, like a fuzzy little bear, although now that I think about it, a bear might be a bit more aggressive.

I don't think that either of us are really paying attention to the movie, and more to each other. I feel his gaze on me, and then he looks away, and I look at him, appreciating every little feature of his face, including two little moles that, when he's smiling or pulling a concentrated face like he is currently with the movie, his dimples pop out, causing them to look like a sad face. A sad face on a happy boy- I think. He never talks about himself, but he's happy, surely.

One of the times, we accidentally look at each other at the same time, and rather than looking away awkwardly, we hold that gaze, and then I cup his face as he looks up at me, pulling my head down and placing a gentle kiss on his lips. I love doing gentle things with him like that because he's such a small and gentle looking boy. It's like I want to protect him, protect the boy who probably doesn't really need protecting. I want to just wrap my arms around him constantly, giving him warm and soft hugs.