s e v e n t y s e v e n

Dan and I walk into the bedroom, and for the first time, he gets changed with me in the room. He pulls his t-shirt over his head, and I don't look at his body, knowing that me looking at him won't help with how self-conscious he is. I look over briefly, to see him with just boxers on, and his thighs, his thighs- covered in hose same slits, but it's fine- well, it's not, but- I don't mind, as long as he doesn't do it more. I don't want him hurting himself.

I'm s caught up in my train of thought that I hardly notice Dan is beside me in bed until he cuddles up close to me and I smile at him. He isn't wearing long sleeved pyjamas, and I smile. I wouldn't object if he still wanted to cover his arms, but it makes me happy that he's not conscious about it in front of me now.

"If you ever feel like doing that to yourself, then please, talk to me. I don't want you, or anyone, to harm you."

He doesn't answer instantly, obviously thinking for a moment.

"Okay. Now can we sleep, cause I'm fu- fricking tired."

"Did Dan Howell nearly just swear?" I ask jokingly, hoping he doesn't take it seriously.

"Shut up!" He says, hitting me playfully on the arm. "It's from always being with you, you dirty mouthed punk."

"Well, I enjoy spending my time with a pretty mouthed pastel boy, thank you very much."

He sighs contently, setting his head on my chest and closing his eyes. I've fallen in love with Dan, and though he's a little broken, it's the best thing that's ever happened to me.