🌩 ᴘᴀᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄ 🌩

December, 24, 2017
🌩
Tyler's POV
🌩

I watched helplessly as Josh scrambled out of the infirmary, tears leaving his chocolate eyes and streaming down his puffy red cheeks.

I could feel my heart break into two pieces. This can't be happening.

First I lose Harley, now I lose Josh. The two people I loved the most in this entire planet.

I look down at Ashley just as she stands up. The measuring tape drops from her fingers.

"What happened?" She says.

If only she could have stood up ten seconds ago, maybe this could have been avoided. But I can't blame her. I know how this might have looked from where Josh was standing. I quickly throw on my pants just as a sob escapes my lips.

Then, I run out of the infirmary to chase Josh. Inmates aren't really supposed to walk around shirtless but at this point I really don't care. I need to find him.

I close my eyes.

"Ruby, I hope I see you.
I've waited all this week.
For you to walk my way.
Your soul will capture me.
Your momma painted your room.
'A shade of pink' she said
But with your great arrival
That shade has turned to red."

I keep them closed for a moment. In my head, I see Josh. He's in a janitors closet. He's crying and punching buckets. I know where to go.

I run to the janitors closet and try to open the door, but it's locked.

"Ruby, take my hand, please lead me to the promised land.
Tell me, where am I from? Your eyes say:
"Shada de dum dum."

I sing, quickly in my head. The lock quickly opens and I burst through the door. A sad Josh glares at me.

"I-I can explain," I start, but Josh interrupts.

"No!" He says, "I'm going to help you get the hell out of this jail. After that? I never want to see your pathetic face again. Got that, Joseph?"

And with that, one single tear finds its way out of my eye.