💡ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ sᴏ💡

December, 24, 2017
💡
Tyler's POV
💡

"Wow," Melanie says as we plop down in chairs in her office, "that was amazing."

"W-Which part?" I ask, "the running or the voodoo magic?"

"Both," She says, laughing.

"Hey, how's your throat?" Josh asks her, "sorry about that too."

Melanie glares at him, "It's fine. I have this weird thing going on when I sing, but it sounds cool so I'm not complaining."

"Cool," Josh shrugs, "but do I have to pay your insurance?"
"Every penny," She replies.
"Screw you," He says, groaning.

"What are we going to do about Ashley?" I ask, getting back to the subject at hand.

"I have no idea," Josh says, running his hands down his face.

"I'll handle her," Melanie says, then she looks at Josh.

"You need to keep him out of trouble," She says, pointing towards Josh then me.

"I overheard Potter talking, she said if Tyler screws up once then she'll be forced to keep him in here for life."

My face goes pale. I'm innocent. Sorta. But I don't want to die in jail.

"It'll be okay," Josh says, rubbing my thigh.

"I hope so," I say, smiling at him.

💡

Melanie's POV

I knock on the door to the infirmary. Ashley opens the door and then sees me, her eyes go wide and then she slams the door in my face.

"Ashley, just open the door. I can explain," I say, running a hand through my hair.

She opens the door a crack.

"Let me in." I say.

She nods and opens the door. Once I'm inside, I see that Dustin Robinson is sitting up, reading a book. Ashley and I talk in the corner of the room.

"A few hours after you guys left, Dustin sat up and began doing things I thought he'd never be able to do again. Like talk. He could register things so fast. I thought he'd be disabled the rest of his life."

Dustin flips the page, engrossed in his book.

"How did you guys do that?" Ashley asks, looking towards me, "I've never seen anything like it."

I sigh. There's no keeping this from her. I look into her eyes as I tell her.

"The inmate we we're with? He did it. He pressed his hand against Dustin's neck and stared singing. Then the wound was gone."

"Astonishing," She says, "I have to see him in action. Can I please?"

"You have to promise not to tell anyone," I say.

I lean out my pinky for her to link with mine. She giggles. My stomach turns at the sound. It was cute. Like her.

"Promise," She says, linking her pinky with mine. She laughs and lays her blue head on my shoulder.

"Dustin has some questions about what happened to him," She says, sitting her head up and looking at me, "what do I tel him?"

"We'll figure it out," I say nodding.

Dustin puts his book down and sings something. Something I remember.

"I can't take them on my own, my own
Oh, I'm not the one you know, you know
I have killed a man and all I know
Is I am on the run and go."

Tyler sang that when he healed Dustin. Why was he singing it now?

Dustin looked confused as to why he was singing such words he doesn't ever remember singing before.

Ashley and I share a look.

"Be right back!" I say, running back to my office.