🌙 ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏ 🌙

December, 18, 2017
🌙
"So, that was Sophia," I tell Tyler.
"Oh," he says, looking the other way.
"It's about Harley." I tell him
"Harley?" He asks, "is she okay?"
I shake my head.
"She's dead, Tyler. I'm sorry." I said.
🌙
Tyler's POV
🌙

"S-She's what?" I ask, shaking my head, "N-No. Sophia's lying!" I yell.

Josh shakes his head and kneel down to my level, "No, Tyler, She's gone."

I start crying, hot tears streaming down my cheeks and my shoulders racking. I can't even wipe the tears out of my eyes because of my restrains. So I just let them fall. Aching to scratch them off my cheeks.

Josh opens his arms, wrapping them around me. I shake my head quickly and move away as much as I can from him.

"Don't touch me! I'm a monster!" I scream, crying harder.

Josh looks at me sadly.

Harley's face pops into my head. Her hair. Her laugh. Her perfectly straight and white teeth. All the fun times we had together. Robbing people's homes and killing others. It can't be over. Not the crime, I mean our friendship. Even when we weren't causing destruction together she was still there for me.

I close my eyes and tears fall from my eye lashes, I think about a moment Harley and I had together.

Harley and I run into my apartment after robbing a jewelry store across town. We both plop on my couch, a giggling mess. The alarms went off and lights started flashing everywhere, but we got away with at least a half a million dollars. I toss my arm on the back of the couch behind Harley.

I stare at my blank television.

"Something bothering ya, Ty?" She asks, chewing her gum.

I shake my head, "Nah just thinking," I tell her.

She laughs and shakes her head, "I know you. You're thinking about something. You know you can tell me, Ty," She whispered.

I looked into her eyes, "I know.."

We sat there staring at each other for a moment, then she leaned forward, and she kissed me.

I didn't close my eyes, nor did I kiss back. Or hug her. Or anything. I felt nothing.

She pulled away smiling then noticed my blank expression, then her smile faded.

"You don't like me, do ya, Tyler?" She asks, folding her arms and getting up.

"No, Harley," I said.

She started marching towards my door and she opened it but I slammed it and pushed her against the door.

"What?" She asked, angrily.

"I don't like you like that, Harley. I'm sorry. But I love you a lot as a friend. That's all I want us to be. I like it that way. I don't want to screw that up. Please. I'm sorry. Forgive me?"

She stares at me for a second.

"Alright," She says, giggling.

I smile, and wrap my arm around her shoulders. Pulling her to my couch to watch a movie. I grin.

I've never been happier.

And that was true. I was never actually happy unless I was with Harley. She was my other half.

And look at me now? I'll never be happy again. Maybe I should let Blurry win.

Maybe it's time for me to stop fighting.

"Blurry," I whisper, my voice cracking as I cried and said;

"Come out and play."

I hear a low laugh in the back of my throat.

And it's clear that Blurry knows that I've given up.