Comfort

Ross' POV

I'm still hurting but I've been talking about it more with Dustin so I haven't been hurting as much. I found out that when I let my emotions out, I don't hurt as much. It really gets a lot off my chest.

But today is going to be hard.

My family is coming.

I'm scared they're going to blame me. 'Cause as much as I want to deny it, this is all my fault. That guy was aiming that gun towards me. He was going to shoot me.

But Riker's being the hero he always is had to jump in the way.

He saved me but I couldn't save him.

.....

Veronica's POV

I decided that I'm not going to talk to the Lynch's when they get here. I'm scared they're going to blame me for Riker's death.

It is my fault that he died.

He came here to win me back and I denied him.

So he went with Ross and Dustin to Hershey Park and... Well you know what happens after that.

So pretty much, it's my fault he died.

.....

Dustin's POV

I'm scared.

Ross' family is coming down today and I decided that I'm going to tell them who the person who shot Riker was.

And I'm scared. They might hate me.

What if they do hate me? I love their family, I don't want to lose them.

My mental breakdown stopped when I heard the doorbell ring. That's when it got even worse. I was thinking things left to right.

Are they going to hate me?

Should I even tell them?

No, I have to tell them.

But then they may hate me forever.

"Dustin!" Someone yelled from right behind me, which caused me to fall back and into someone.

I quickly stood back up and composed myself. I turned around to see the person who caught me; it was Ross. He looked into my eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked, his voice laced with concern. "I called your name like five times."

I looked into his deeply concerned eyes and gave a fake smile. "I'm fine."

He nodded his head in response before walking away and towards the front door. I heard the door open, followed by familiar voices. A couple seconds later and the front door shut, followed by the sound of footsteps coming near the living room.

Before I could even move, they were already in the living room, greeting me. Rydel walked up to me and hugged me. "Hey." She said in a quiet voice. I pulled back and gave a small smile.

They all greeted me one at a time, and I greeted them back. Each one of them sounded so miserable, I couldn't tell them that Riker's death was my fault.

I can't. Not yet.