Secrets & Promises

Dustin's POV

I stared at my phone after Tyler hung up.

Suddenly my bedroom door opened and Ross walked in. He looked over at me and noticed my phone in my hand. "Oh, sorry. Are you about to call someone?" He asked.

I shook my head. He came over and sat next to me. "Why are you up here all alone?" He asked, concerened.

I looked over at him to see those hazel brown eyes staring right into mine. "I just got off the phone." I told him.

"Who were you talking to?" He asked me with general curiosity. I wanted to tell him but I also didn't want him to get mad at me for not telling him sooner. And I didn't want to sound like a coward. I can do things by myslef without someone having to watch over me.

So, I lied.

"Veronica." I told him.

"Oh, how is she?" He asked.

"She's good."

He smiled at me. "Come on." He nodded towards my bedroom door. "Let's go downstairs." I got up and started heading towards my bedroom door when I accidentally tripped over something. I recovered my fall though by balancing me one foot and then the other. Once I was completely balanced, I looked down to see what I tripped on.

It was a box, it was covered in balloon designed wrapping paper. I stared at it confusedly for a second before my eyes widened and I realized what it was. I looked up at Ross to see him staring at me in concern. "Are you okay?" He asked.

All I could manage to get out though was, "I'm sorry." He looked at me confused. "Your birthday." I told him which had his face going to one of realization. "I completely forgot. We were in the middle of a stupid fight and I forgot. I'm so sorry." I said as my eyes started to well with tears.

Ross ran over to me and put his arms around me. "It's okay. I had the best birthday ever."

"How?" I asked. "We were fighting and no one even told you happy birthday."

"People back home called me and told me happy birthday. Plus, my birthday was the same day that we had our date." He said and I thought back and realized that it was the truth. "That's the day we got back together. I had the best birthday ever."

I smiled at him before leaning down and picking up the box. "Well, even though it's late, here's your present."

He smiled at me and then down at the present. He took it from my hands and took it. He started taking the wrapping paper off. He got all the wrapping paper off and it revealed the 'KONGOS' album 'Lunatics'. He smiled widely and looked up at me.

"It's not much but I know how much you like their music so when I saw it, I knew I had to get it for you." I told him while blushing a deep shade of red.

He stood up and pulled me into a hug. He pulled away and leaned down to where his face was in front of mine. "It's amazing. I love it." I smiled as he leaned forward and connected his lips with mine.

It wasn't a very long kiss but it went a long way.